Would Tito winning the championship be bad for Bellator?

agree. Also i appreciate your sig.... I didn't realise you cared :icon_twis

If I ever make it to Australia
And IF I'm really drunk

I still probably don't even consider it. But I'm a man of my word.

It would be even worse than him beating shlemenko, and that was devestating.

Eh, I doubt it. I doubt casuals give a shit abotu Tito's record. Did he win his last fight? Yes. Is he very famous (by MMA standards)? Yes. Good enough.

Also, this is something they won't have to worry about. While I was rooting for Tito to beat Shlemenko, his striking--hell, his movement in general--looked abysmal. Like he was a concrete statue trying to throw punches in frozen molasses.

I don't know. I guess it would be bad from our standpoint..credibility wise but it would likely do better for bellator than newton.

That said..I don't li.ke the newton matchup for Tito. Newton is hard to takedown, and he has a good chin and work rate

Tito is many years past his prime. There are LHW's in Bellator that I've never heard of that could beat him.

In answer to your question, no, I don't think it would be bad for Bellator. Everyone likes a comeback.

If Tito fights Newton, I think Newton beats him quickly and easily.

Yes. He just reuined the credibility of one of their biggest names. Should he win the belt after losing to mid level guys in the UFC itll be rough

Yes. He just reuined the credibility of one of their biggest names. Should he win the belt after losing to mid level guys in the UFC itll be rough

What mid level guys did he lose to in the UFC? pretty sure they were/are all top 10

What mid level guys did he lose to in the UFC? pretty sure they were/are all top 10

Hamill is mid tier...but overall you're right. He only lost to top 10 guys outside of that and many think he should've won his last UFC fight.

Same thing with Rampage. He only lost to top 10 and outside of Bader loss where i could tell from the jump he was fighting on a shit knee, we're talking guys in the top 5 like Jones, Glover, and Rashad. Arguably the biggest win of Rashad's career and definitely Glover but they might as well not get any credit for it with the way people talk down on Page.

hamill is mid tier...but overall you're right. He only lost to top 10 guys outside of that and many think he should've won his last ufc fight.

Same thing with rampage. He only lost to top 10 and outside of bader loss where i could tell from the jump he was fighting on a shit knee, we're talking guys in the top 5 like jones, glover, and rashad. Arguably the biggest win of rashad's career and definitely glover but they might as well not get any credit for it with the way people talk down on page.

truth!

It would be terrible for Bellator if Tito won. Maybe not when the first LHW tournament happened, but now that it's somewhat beefed up it would ruin everything they've done.

It would be terrible for Bellator if Tito won. Maybe not when the first LHW tournament happened, but now that it's somewhat beefed up it would ruin everything they've done.

I think Bellator could totally turn it into a marketing success like when Couture beat Tim Sylvia for the belt, coming off losses at the weight class below.

In fact, it's a pretty similar situation. Unmarketable incumbent champion. Highly marketable old dog on the comeback trail.

Last edited:
a guy coming over in his late 30's, having gone 2-1-7 in his last ten fights in the UFC beats your best fighters at that weight and takes the title. that would not look good on Bellator at all!

I don't see it happening anyway, but if it did? it would de-legitimize the org for sure. Rampage, Mo, Newton etc would all handle tito at this point

This

As long as Rampage goes away I am happy though.

I guess it's possible for him to win the title, but I doubt it. I'd like to see him get a couple more fights under his belt, and bring in some fans to Bellator. Maybe if they hand pick his fights just right, he can get himself a titleshot and eventually lose. They could have him training hard and he can go off and say how he's in the best shape of his life, not fighting with injuries and pretty much every excuse he can think of the regain some credibility. Then lose to their champ to boost up the Bellator image.

Looked bad enough when he beat their middleweight champ.

Tito also had neck surgery which should explain why hes winning

He was fighting in the UFC with a broken freaking NECK!!!!

Back