Would the lowest ranked mw/lhw/hw today have won ufc1-10?

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I know ken was absolutely legit. He won many of those first 10 ufcs along with Royce. Could the lowest ranked guys Today have won those tournaments and beat those guys? Conversely, how would ken shamrock have done in this era if he were in his prime?

probably lowest WW too.

(except CM Punk, maybe)

I know ken was absolutely legit. He won many of those first 10 ufcs along with Royce. Could the lowest ranked guys Today have won those tournaments and beat those guys? Conversely, how would ken shamrock have done in this era if he were in his prime?

Not if they had the same amount of training the guys had back then. Given today's training, yes and easily. But today's standard of training is where it is because of what the earlier fighters figured out.

maybe?

UFC 10 (for example) had Mark Coleman, Don Frye and Gary Goodridge. I wouldn't like Punks chances..lol
UFC 1-4, I honestly give Punk a good chance

past that, yeah, you're right.

Really?..I think Royce, Shamrock and Severn would make Phil their b!tch..

CM is so horrible at at fighting, it's embarrassing to watch..

iu

1-10 was based on people not knowing grappling. Advanced techniques for that generation is today's beginners

Really?..I think Royce, Shamrock and Severn would make Phil their b!tch..

CM is so horrible at at fighting, it's embarrassing to watch..
The way I see it, and many people agree that I'm usually right about most things, is that CM Punk trained grappling for several years with techniques that Royce, Shamrock, etc. had never even heard of with grapplers way beyond their level. They bring nothing to the table that he's never seen before. He handily wins UFC 1 along with several women in the UFC.

Yeah but those UFC's were fucking ridiculous. Add a couple of more years and you got yourself a fight.

The only problem is the size difference, it needs some corrections.

Like Frank Shamrock should not fight Rockhold or Jones. He's more GSP sized.

Yes
Yes
and Yes

I don't remember ken winning any ufc tournements...not one..he won a super fight against Joyce...but never won a ufc tourny...

The way I see it, and many people agree that I'm usually right about most things, is that CM Punk trained grappling for several years with techniques that Royce, Shamrock, etc. had never even heard of with grapplers way beyond their level. They bring nothing to the table that he's never seen before. He handily wins UFC 1 along with several women in the UFC.
lol, hard to argue with a guy thats usually right..

Just because Punk knows certain ''new techniques'' doesn't mean he'll be able to execute them. I'm betting he can't..

you think punk would be gracie? haha...not a chance in hell...gracie would tap punk in under 2 minutes.

dude, tank abbot would absolutely murder punk...anyone who disputes that, I honestly think they need therapy...if you think punk would beat joyce, you need therapy...end of story...

Last edited:
Back