Would Soa Palelei beating Cain be a bigger upset then TJ over Barao?

Dillashaw actually possessed a discernible skillset and is a very good athlete. Soa Palelei is big and looks pretty scary from top position against bottom wrung HWs, but past that, he's very slow and has a rather stunted skillset no matter where the fight goes.

considering just a few years ago he was submitting to punches against DC

yes...yes it would

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I hope I never see the day the HW division is so weak that Soa Palelei gets a title shot. And yes it would probably be the biggest upset in the history of MMA.

No because Cain has shown he will fall asleep inside the cage and Sao has that night night knuckles.

Absolutely yes, Sao would be +1200 or more - maybe +2000

if he came out and outstruck Cain, beat him to the punch and just basically soul raped him like TJ did Barao than yea, i would prob think i was in an alternate universe and it would be a bigger shock to me than TJ doing that. TJ has shown glipses of very high level skill, Soa really hasnt.

the guy has a decent winning streak at ufc hw 3-0, has one of the most beastly HW bodies since the brock lesnar era, and won his last 11 fights. i'd say he's no more than a 3:1 underdog he if ever fights cain.

GTFOH.....Cain the number 1 ranked HW and Top 5 P4P, would Obliterate Soa and it wouldnt be funny

Soa would be a 10-1 underdog

They could always groom Overeem to a title shot(keep him away from bigfoot and JDS). I think it is way better than Soa Palelei.

Since the UFC HW division is so shallow Soa Palelei might actually get a shot at Cain's title. The UFC HW division is so shallow if Cain defeats Werdum what will he do next, fight Bigfoot and JDS for the umpteenth time? Cain's title defenses are really just the same 2 guys over and over again. And if you say Stipe that's only one potential challenger.

So, if Soa Palelei somehow managed to get a shot at Cain's title (which is realistic and could actually happen) and he beats Cain, would that be a bigger upset than TJ Dillashaw's win over Renan Barao?

As soon as Palelei gets put on his back by someone that's good in that position, he's done.

well what was dillashaw ranked? I thought inside the Top 10?

Either way, I think Soa getting a shot against Cain would be more unlikely and more of an upset (if he won) than Barao v Dillashaw

As soon as Palelei gets put on his back by someone that's good in that position, he's done.

Soa's a legit BJJ black belt who's really good off his back. He's also a fucking powerhouse, probably the strongest man in the UFC.

It would take an elite, powerful grappler like Cain, Cormier or Werdum to smother Soa Palelei from top position. Rosholt will be a good test

yep.

Not all KO punches are created equally though. A gassed sloppy KO like Omielanczuk-Guelmino is totally different from JDS-Cain I where JDS set Cain up then knocked him the fuck out.

Unfortunately the only strikers good enough to actually set-up punches at HW are Overeem and JDS.

Le sigh

This. Although I would probably add Hunt to that list as well.

the guy has a decent winning streak at ufc hw 3-0, has one of the most beastly HW bodies since the brock lesnar era, and won his last 11 fights. i'd say he's no more than a 3:1 underdog he if ever fights cain.

The most beastly has been there since the Brock era, Overeem.

If he outclassed Cain like TJ did Barao then yes, but if he lands a KO punch then no since guys at HW hit so hard that the chances of losing are greater.

I wonder if Sao KO'd Cain if Cain would get an immediate rematch.

Getting tired of there immediate rematches too. Unless the last fight was extremely controversial.

Yes, Soa isn't even that good. TJ was somebody that people could see being a champ one day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back