Would Mighty Mouse win UFC 1 tournament?

TJ177

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
For the sake of this argument assume there was a time machine that would allow you to send a current UFC fighter to enter the first UFC tournament. Assume that the fighter would weigh in at their current weight class but would fight at their normal 20+ pound weight. Who is the lightest champion who would win?

Aldo or anyone higher would be a no brainer. Would Dillashaw beat 1993 Royce or Ken Shamrock? Would Mighty Mouse? I would tend to say yes.

If you chose to weigh in on how Ronda would fare you may. That's a different argument though.

MM, no, though he would probably beat most of the entrants. Ronda would fare much worse. I don't want to guarantee she would beat none because a couple of them were pretty awful.

MM, no, though he would probably beat most of the entrants. Ronda would fare much worse. I don't want to guarantee she would beat none because a couple of them were pretty awful.

Who would beat MM and how? I can't see Royce subbing him. Shamrock would gas. I just can't see who is finishing him in an unlimited time fight. Gerard Gordeu? The sumo guy? Let's say MM draws Shamrock in the first round.

Dillashaw and Mighty Mouse would beat Royce. I don't remember how good Shamrock's grappling was back then. They would certainly be favorites to win over him.

A 144 pound MM would win UFC 1. If a 170 pound Royce could; a 144 pound MM could as well.

I think he'd have a rough time with Ken.

I'd love to see him fight Teila Tuli though.

No. Good conditioning aside, it's unlikely he'd have fared well against really heavy motherfuckers.

Ken's sub defense was really bad for the first event. He was still essentially a pro wrestler who knew some catch as catch can subs.

Such a hard comparison because not many people knew shit about bjj but now they do. Also I think Royce would lose because of speed. However I think Ken would best him

Mighty Mouse would win for sure. He'd outstrike Shamrock and also outgrapple him once Shamrock gassed. He'd be closer in weight to Royce and have a huge striking and athleticism advantage. If Royce ever got him down, which is very unlikely, MM would be competitive there, too.

Ronda would def have beaten everyone except for Shamrock and Gracie. She maaaaybe could have beaten Royce with standup, and maybe could have survived against Shamrock until he gassed, but I'd cap her at even odds against Royce and a slight underdog against Shamrock.

Mighty Mouse... Yes

Ronda... Wtf? No

The Ronda argument really isn't one that anyone here is able to reasonably answer. I wouldn't even venture a guess as to how she would fare.

Ken's sub defense was really bad for the first event. He was still essentially a pro wrestler who knew some catch as catch can subs.

Was it that or just never having faced gi based subs?

While royce said he could have used a nogi ezekiel instead of the gi based on, I personally have never used or seen used the nogi version.

MM would beat roided young shamrock? get fucking real

I would say MM would win ufc 1 but it's hard to say for sure. Maybe shamrock could KO him. I think he deffinatly beats Royce.

And imagine if he fought the sumo guy? Who knows how that would turn out.

Same goes for dillishaw IMO. As far as Ronda goes, I have no clue.

Was it that or just never having faced gi based subs?

While royce said he could have used a nogi ezekiel instead of the gi based on, I personally have never used or seen used the nogi version.

Probably a bit of both, but the pancrase stuff he was doing was worked. He wasn't in any vale tudo equivalent prior to the first event.

Probably a bit of both, but the pancrase stuff he was doing was worked. He wasn't in any vale tudo equivalent prior to the first event.

Whats the deal with your username and join date?

You nostradamus or something????

Back