Would Jones have gotten help if it wasnt for that test?

ancientonion

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know a lot of people still aren't sure whether or not Jones actually has a problem. I am not one of those people because living in Ithaca, 10 minutes away from where he lived, a lot of people know him. I've heard plenty of stories about his trips to the bar. I've trained at Ultimate Athletics...where Jones once trained before they had a "falling out" and many people there know of his problem in this regard.

Jones said himself that he is taking this very seriously. I wonder though if he would have taken this step to get help if it wasn't for his test results being made public.

It makes me sick that fans and fighters alike are poking fun at an issue which is so serious. I am not a fan but I really hope he gets better.

No. I don't think he goes into rehab if the tests hadn't gone public. As long as he has a steady cash flow, and kept winning his fights, he'd have no reason for rehab. Gotta hit bottom before you want sobriety.

I have my doubts that Jones is a regular cocaine user. I just don't see how this could be possible and still be as good as he is.

I'm not sure what rehab he even did. Was it one of those bs home rehabs?

Spare the cliches... Everyone knows Joned doesnt have an addiction. The answer is no, because this is just a publicity stunt to clear up his image.

I know a lot of people still aren't sure whether or not Jones actually has a problem. I am not one of those people because living in Ithaca, 10 minutes away from where he lived, a lot of people know him. I've heard plenty of stories about his trips to the bar. I've trained at Ultimate Athletics...where Jones once trained before they had a "falling out" and many people there know of his problem in this regard.

Jones said himself that he is taking this very seriously. I wonder though if he would have taken this step to get help if it wasn't for his test results being made public.

It makes me sick that fans and fighters alike are poking fun at an issue which is so serious. I am not a fan but I really hope he gets better.

No. Jones is on top of the world professionally. I"m sure he would like to continue to party but he got caught. Rehab is a ticket out of jail for these folks. You get caught screwing too many women and you are a sex addict and go to rehab. You do something really stupid and you say you have a substance problem and go to rehab. Jones is the best fighter in the UFC and he just tooled the guy who the other UFC fighters predicted to beat him overwhelmingly.
Jones got busted and this is what you do publicly to make it look like you want to change. I am not a big fan of Jon Jones personally, it seems that the jab that he is a phony is probably spot on, but he is the best fighter in the UFC and the only one who I'd bet to beat him is Cain.

There's always an external trigger for someone with an addiction problem to initiate corrective actions

So the answer is no

Hopes he gets better too. I'm also not a fan but acknowledge he is a great fighter. He has power to be a good role model if he chooses to

Spare the cliches... Everyone knows Joned doesnt have an addiction. The answer is no, because this is just a publicity stunt to clear up his image.

this. Its damage control

Rehab is just a damage control smoke screen. Doubt he has a legit habit. Just got dumb enough to get caught out. Now the UFC needs to look like there taking control of the "situation".

I think it's funny how everyone writes off Jones having an actual drug problem while using one of the most addicting drugs(cocaine)that our history knows. You guys here must know him personally

Back