Would Aldo deny fighting in Ireland?

pincmil

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Think that Aldo would say no to fighting in Ireland against McGregor and want it elsewhere?

Think he should get paid more to have a home cage disadvantage with 90,000 in favor of the other guy.

If he's any kind of champion, he will fight Conor anywhere. Anytime.

Rio alone has a population equal to all of Ireland.
Why the hell would Zuffa intentionally take a money cut?

Also if he's to get a % of the 90,000 it should be a no brainer.He's said before he's open to fighting him anywhere so I wouldn't see this as a problem.

Dana and others who attended the last event said Ireland was by far the loudest and most passionate fans they had ever seen.People who watched the event on TV also said that they would love to be in Ireland for the event.That was with a crowd of just 10,000,imagine 90,000 fans? I'm sure it would break PPV records aswel which could only be good for Aldo's purse...

If they could bring 90,000 fans then yeah they should. I don't think they'd be able to do that though.

This would be his reaction when Dana tells him.

mma-reaction-gifs-jose-aldo-no-expression.gif

If they could bring 90,000 fans then yeah they should. I don't think they'd be able to do that though.

Believe me they will.While MMA isn't that popular in Ireland, Conor McGregor is.

If there's one thing the Irish are good at is getting on a bandwagon and supporting our own. There is also quite alot of Brazilians in Ireland aswel which would mean Aldo would also have a decent sized following at the event.

I think if McGregor V Aldo was announced in the morning it would be sold out by noon.

If he's any kind of champion, he will fight Conor anywhere. Anytime.

Nice fighter shaming slipped in there.:rolleyes:

The champ deserves to fight in his hometown until he gets dethroned - or at worst neutral site.

You guys (Conor fan's) always putting the cart before the horse. I'm a fan too just not the crazy ones.

Aldo is gnna make excuses. He's gnna complain no matter what

LOL

Why is this still even discussed?

Is there a single stadium in Ireland that is more then 30k seats and has a retractable roof?Because if there isn't they wouldn't put a show on there......

Aldo knows it doesn't matter where he goes, the GOAT will find him, and end him

How could Aldo complain? 3 of his last 5 title defenses were in Rio. He hasn't fought outside of the America's since 2007.

"I'm sure that I'm on[e] of the best of all time. I don't see where am...yet. When I stop, I want to be the greatest of all. I still seek some achievements. I'm the only UFC 145-pound champion in history, and I want to keep [it] that way until I retire,” Aldo said in an interview with Combate, which was reported by Fernando Arbex of Bloody Elbow. “I also want to break all the UFC records in a way that my name will be printed forever."

The only way he goes down as a GOAT is taking any fight, anywhere.

Also, the largest indoor arena in Ireland is the 3Arena, with 15k capacity.. For context, Jones v Cormier had 11.5k in attendance, Werdum v Hunt had 21k. Rio's Ginasio do Maracanazinho has a capacity of 11.8k, and Aldo's last fight had 11.4k in attendance. I don't think that capacity will be a determining factor as average UFC attendance is between 10-15k. I think the decision has more to do with the amount of energy the crowd generates on the broadcast, and I don't think there is a huge difference between Rio and Dublin.

Last edited:
Why would he? Aldo had no problem fighting Hominick and Faber in their hometown. He's also had a few chances to defend his belt in Brazil.

All aldo does is complain. He needs to be humbled

no, hes not a pussy like some other champions

LOL

Why is this still even discussed?

Is there a single stadium in Ireland that is more then 30k seats and has a retractable roof?Because if there isn't they wouldn't put a show on there......

Over 30k yes...
retractable roof no..

croke-park.jpg

Dana has already said it will be on in this stadium with a portable roof over the octagon.

I hope not. If Aldo beats mcgregor I honestly think it would elevate him to true superstar popularity

The crowd would either set a noise record with Conor win. Or pin drop silence

Back