Worst Grappler in MMA with a BJJ Blackbelt

Of course he couldn’t control Swanson, he never even got close to takedown and only shot twice in a 15 minute fight. That fight wasn’t a good display of Cubs grappling skills.
Kron might have zero takedowns in all of his MMA fights combined. (Actually he took Erson down once.) He pulled guard more than twice against Swanson.

Of course, I would consider something like this a guard pull, not a takedown -- even though it resulted in an instant sweep:

Leonard Garcia is a bjj black belt.

The Jacare posts in this thread are infuriating. How many of you just started watching MMA?

Yeah at 40 years old he got overzealous and clipped by Holland. A few more seconds and he was about to get in mount.

Muniz is a top black belt and he got Jacare good while they were dry.

Hermansson did well grappling him as well.

That's about it. Jacare has fought killers in grappling that didn't want anything to do with him on the ground. He has several wins by subs. I can't believe people mentioned his name.

Chael Sonnen.

Couldn't defend a submission to save his life.

hi-res-7586420_crop_exact.jpg

The Jacare posts in this thread are infuriating. How many of you just started watching MMA?

Yeah at 40 years old he got overzealous and clipped by Holland. A few more seconds and he was about to get in mount.

Muniz is a top black belt and he got Jacare good while they were dry.

Hermansson did well grappling him as well.

That's about it. Jacare has fought killers in grappling that didn't want anything to do with him on the ground. He has several wins by subs. I can't believe people mentioned his name.

Pretty much agree... I think Jacare took more risks with his BJJ late in his career... (sorta like Olivera early in his career)... Maybe because he understood his age was not likely to carry him deep into fights anymore... Maybe trying to be exciting.... Maybe he also lost a step or two....... Maybe losing flexibility at his age and in the heat of battle, by instinct, writing checks his body can't cash.

Not making excuses either... Dude was elite. But things happen for reasons too.

Back