Worse ground game: Sage or PVZ?

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
It was amateur hour last night watching those two try to grapple

They are both terrible. I can't believe the know nothing clowns at MMA Junkie picked PVZ to beat Waterman.

PVZ main training program consists in doing Crossfit. :rolleyes:

UnevenMixedDove.gif

Sage.

Paige has 2 subs on her record and has lost twice by subs.

Sage has 3 wins by sub and 2 fast taps to loose by Sub.

Paige has 2 subs on her record and has lost twice by subs.

Sage has 3 wins by sub and 2 fast taps to loose by Sub.
paige just got tossed hard last night and wound up with someone on her back - vs. sage who consistently looks like a fish out of water. sage needs more work of the two for sure.

both are terrible but sage has the most upside when it comes to MMA atleast sage is fast,athletic,explosive with a karate background

paige knows everything but doesn't do anything particularly well

Sage's isn't he best by any means but I guarantee you Gall will be fairly well known for his ground game during the course of his career.

I'd like to see the kid Sage improve. You can see signs of talent there. Unfortunately his ability to execute is lacking, almost as if he isn't taking it serious until he is in deep trouble.

I'd like to see the kid Sage improve. You can see signs of talent there. Unfortunately his ability to execute is lacking, almost as if he isn't taking it serious until he is in deep trouble.

He fights like wonderboy but doesn't have thompsons chin. He won't go far.

He fights like wonderboy but doesn't have thompsons chin. He won't go far.
Indeed he does bounce in and out with his hands by his waist. Considering he doesn't have the timing to work that look, someone should teach him to protect his head.

Sage needs to move to Albuquerque New Mexico, and train with Greg Jackson. He still has a chance to be good. There are numerous strikers with blue belt BJJ, but you got to be good at wrestling defense.

Indeed he does bounce in and out with his hands by his waist. Considering he doesn't have the timing to work that look, someone should teach him to protect his head.

it'll be tough to teach him how to do that when his whole life has been spent fighting a certain way.

He should take a look at GSP and learn how to mix point karate striking with takedowns and grappling.

it'll be tough to teach him how to do that when his whole life has been spent fighting a certain way.

He should take a look at GSP and learn how to mix point karate striking with takedowns and grappling.
That's some solid advice.

Back