Worried about CM Punk

Foggy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie. I'm a bit worried about Mr. Brooks.

He's 37.

I don't watch pro-wrestling so I don't know whether he wrestled in high school. But at his age, to move from entertainment to actual combat sports where people can be maimed or even blinded by the many finger spears and eye gouges that we've seen of late, is quite concerning.

Also, since he's a natural entertainer he doesn't have the size advantage from consuming creatine or other supplements that some pro wrestlers take.

Hats off to the guy for being ambitious and diversifying his celebrity status, but there is a real danger here that Phil may end up hurt, and I never like to see that sort of thing.

As a wise person once told me: "A man's got to know his limitations".

Good luck to you Punk.

giphy.gif

Me too Phil Brooks could seriously get hurt, Gall has had five fights and won them all (AM/Pro record put together.)
Gall has a purple belt in BJJ too.
Truthfully there's nothing that makes me think Phil Brooks could win besides the fact he trains with a great team.
He's old and has taken damage from his former job even if he does win somehow I don't see him having a long UFC career.

Last edited:
Me too Phil Brooks could seriously get hurt, Gall has had five fights and won them all (AM/Pro record put together.)
Gall has a purple belt in BJJ too.
Truthfully there's nothing that makes me think Phil Brooks could win besides the fact he trains with a great team.
He's old and has taken damage from his former job even if he does win somehow I don't see him having a long UFC career.
Brown belt. just knocked down a golden glove boxer too.

I'm not worried............he will lose.

Brown belt. just knocked down a golden glove boxer too.
Yes sir people might be taking Gall lightly because of the way he got into the UFC but he's a legit prospect.
(Ah yes brown belt sorry for the misinformation.)

I will tell you another person who seems worried about CM Punk. CM Punk.

Well, he is going to get his ass kicked by a younger, better trained person. It will be interesting to see where Gall's career ends up when he actually faces real competition in the UFC. They can only throw so many cans at the guy. Or, he could end up like someone Mitrione or even a Matt Riddle type fighter who have had all their fights in the UFC and done well for themselves.

I say hats the fuck off to the guy and I wish him the best in the Octagon.

He may get it handed to him but at least he gets to check one off the bucket list that none of us will, and likely a large percentage of us wish we could.

Why are you guys worried?
He is a grown man that willingly is trying this out.
He's not looking for cash (not that Zuffa/Reebok are paying, anyway), fame or any of that stuff. Just trying it out.

He does not seem like an idiot from the little interviews I've watched. He knows what he is getting himself into.

Why are you guys worried?
He is a grown man that willingly is trying this out.
He's not looking for cash (not that Zuffa/Reebok are paying, anyway), fame or any of that stuff. Just trying it out.

He does not seem like an idiot from the little interviews I've watched. He knows what he is getting himself into.
he is an idiot. have you been to your local ammy fights? those some "amateurs" are already dangerous enough. I rolled with a purple belt before and he went easy on me. he placed his knee on my belly i couldnt even push him off me.

he is an idiot. have you been to your local ammy fights? those some "amateurs" are already dangerous enough. I rolled with a purple belt before and he went easy on me. he placed his knee on my belly i couldnt even push him off me.
He has been training with a great team for a while, now.
The ref will (at least should) step in if things are getting rough.

I trained for a while and I know that there is a huge gap between a well trained guy and a relative newcomer.
Still, I don't see this as some really dangerous situation where I should be worried.

He has been training with a great team for a while, now.
The ref will (at least should) step in if things are getting rough.

I trained for a while and I know that there is a huge gap between a well trained guy and a relative newcomer.
Still, I don't see this as some really dangerous situation where I should be worried.
who has roufousport produce? little pettis? Anthony Pettis could of gone to any decent gym and would be where he is today...base on talent alone.

who has roufousport produce? little pettis? Anthony Pettis could of gone to any decent gym and would be where he is today...base on talent alone.
Askren has been working with him.
There are some talented people over there. That must be pretty beneficial for Punk.

There are some talented people over there. That must be pretty beneficial for Punk.
Askrens not even a ufc fighter. hes a poor mans hendricks

You know one of roufusport ammy fighter died right?

Askrens not even a ufc fighter. hes a poor mans hendricks
He is a crazy good wrestler.
If you are going with a UFC fighter = better than all other, well... I guess there is nothing to worry about with Punk.

Back