• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

World Muaythai Championship 2014, WMF PRO

ChrisMMAFightgr

Some Kind Of Fighter
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hello guys, as an MMA guy i m a little lost on the federations of muay thai and the level of their events.

A local fighter is doing very well (finalist) on the World Muaythai Championship 2014 by WMF pro at PROAM these days and i was wondering how prestigious is this event and how it compares to a belt like IMC.

Hello guys, as an MMA guy i m a little lost on the federations of muay thai and the level of their events.

A local fighter is doing very well (finalist) on the World Muaythai Championship 2014 by WMF pro at PROAM these days and i was wondering how prestigious is this event and how it compares to a belt like IMC.

you can't compare that to other muay thai....it's amateur world championship...with head gears?

kinda like olympic boxing and pro boxing.....different game

you can't compare that to other muay thai....it's amateur world championship...with head gears?

kinda like olympic boxing and pro boxing.....different game

thanks, the world championship has both amateur and the proam with (i think) only shinguards. You re probably right about the comparison though. As a world championship is it the top one in amateur or pro am or is there a more prestigious one?

thanks, the world championship has both amateur and the proam with (i think) only shinguards. You re probably right about the comparison though. As a world championship is it the top one in amateur or pro am or is there a more prestigious one?

the IFMA held world championship tournaments in thailand I believe (nation vs nation) and I remember Artem Levin being a regular contestant. The dutch would always send lower tier a-class fighters and it usually didnt amount to much. But alot of other countries had awesome fighters there

http://www.ifmamuaythai.org/

the IFMA held world championship tournaments in thailand I believe (nation vs nation) and I remember Artem Levin being a regular contestant. The dutch would always send lower tier a-class fighters and it usually didnt amount to much. But alot of other countries had awesome fighters there

hmm IFMA is also the sportaccord aproved organisation so maybe its the top one for amateur world championships

There is a big difference between IFMA and WMF (IFMA being the far larger one and recognized by Sportaccord )but both are more prestigious than the IMC ihmo

the IFMA held world championship tournaments in thailand I believe

The IFMA world championships has been hosted out side of Thailand. Not that long ago it was hosted in Russia.

Malaysia for this years IFMA I think, Ifma is the biggest

I fought at IFMA both in 09 and 10 and won gold in 09 as well. 3rd American to do so and it was the same year that Miriam Nakamoto won as well.

IFMA, by far, is the most prestigious world championship tournament regarding muay thai. Although they call it amateur, there are a lot of pros who fight.

IFMA used to host their World Championships in Bangkok but in order to get Sport Accord recognized they needed to host it Internationally so they did.

SO, do the rest of you guys think that BOTH IFMA and WMF are more prestigious than IMC?

The reason i m asking is because i see a lot of "bragging rights" from local fighters for belts like the WMC MAD (muay thai against drugs) belts which i know, are totaly irrelevant... so i am trying to clear some things up.

SO, do the rest of you guys think that BOTH IFMA and WMF are more prestigious than IMC?

The reason i m asking is because i see a lot of "bragging rights" from local fighters for belts like the WMC MAD (muay thai against drugs) belts which i know, are totaly irrelevant... so i am trying to clear some things up.

WMC is THE most prestigious belt there is,or should be considered as such when it comes to Muay Thai. WMC is the pro-division of IFMA.
Personally I rate a title won at an event lasting well over a week with dozens of opponents (IFMA) higher then a belt (WMC or any other)won against one opponent on the day but again,thats personal.
WMF (and its pro-division WPMF) is small potatoes compared to IFMA/WMC and IMC I rate a lot less based on the names within the rankings.
WBC is to be taken a lot more serious.

But having said that...a title in itself is not prestigious,it all depends on what the opposition was on the day.

WMC is THE most prestigious belt there is,or should be considered as such when it comes to Muay Thai. WMC is the pro-division of IFMA.
Personally I rate a title won at an event lasting well over a week with dozens of opponents (IFMA) higher then a belt (WMC or any other)won against one opponent on the day but again,thats personal.
WMF (and its pro-division WPMF) is small potatoes compared to IFMA/WMC and IMC I rate a lot less based on the names within the rankings.
WBC is to be taken a lot more serious.

But having said that...a title in itself is not prestigious,it all depends on what the opposition was on the day.

i know that WMC is the top but i was not talking about a regular WMC belt but the one they call WMC MAD (Muay Thai against drugs) which another member here once told me is more or less a trinket.

the wmf mad are now a joke but when they started they weren't. I believe buakaw won the first one in jamacia against jwp but since then they are fought for between guys not even in the top 10

I fought at IFMA both in 09 and 10 and won gold in 09 as well. 3rd American to do so and it was the same year that Miriam Nakamoto won as well.

IFMA, by far, is the most prestigious world championship tournament regarding muay thai. Although they call it amateur, there are a lot of pros who fight.

are you pretty tuned in to the US scene then? Who are some good guys that should be fighting for Glory, if any?

Back