World Class Judo School in Temecula, CA

martiallist

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've been training at SoCal Judo in Temecula, CA privately for a month now. Even though classes are privates, they are very affordable (hit up Coach Val for more info). I am the only adult being taught at the moment. Just trying to get more adults to sign up so that groups are also offered. Both Gi and NoGi Judo classes are offered here. There are 2 Judo Olympians Instructors here, Coach Valerie Gotay and Coach Israel Hernandez. Take a look at there website http://www.socaljudo.com or email [email protected] for more info. Mention you heard about the school from martiallist. SoCal Judo | martiallist.com – martial arts school directory and classifieds

Thanks,
-martiallist

Hi KoreanZombie, thanks for your interest. Where are you from bro? If you do a search on youtube, there are some competition footage of my Coaches. Also, I have 2 clips on my page in the link I provided earlier.

I live no where near Temecula, I'm from Louisiana. I've been wanting to do Judo for a while now, but there's no school even remote close (a school that know what they're doing anyway).

I no longer live in the Temecula area. When I did I trained at Gracie Barra Temecula and had the priviledge of rolling with your instructor Val when I was a blue belt.

She is small but when she got to side control I could not get her off of me or replace my guard for the life of me. She was able to take me down in the start like I weighed 40 lbs wet, I weigh 195 lbs. She did not submit me (probably by her own choice) but she definitely has some serious ground skills. I'm sure her standup Judo is the same.

I wish her school nothing but the best and if I am ever in the Temecula area again I will stop by and take a class just to learn some standup from a fantastic American Judoka.

Hey bro. Thanks for sharing that. Cool story! I'll mention it in class tomorrow. Coach Val is a beast on the mat. She's fast, her top game is awesome and her throws are effortless.

No worries. Enjoy the training at the new school and best of luck.

Oh nice, Cuban judo is very good and they have great newaza

Ask your instructor if he knows someone by the name of Pablo Cardoso from La Habana.

I watched some Cuban Judo clips on youtube and it's very explosive. I keep forgetting to ask my Coach about the person you mentioned. But if he's a famous Cuban Judo player, I'm pretty sure he knows him. Judo is new to me, it's different from the Nogi Jiu jitsu I've been doing the past 4-5 years, but I like it. My fingers feel like I have arthritis though. lol.

Back