World champ with 1 year of JJ!!!

tudor_bjj

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Has anybody seen Fredric Husson competing in Copa do Mundo? I read that he has been doing JJ for only 1 year and just became World Champ his weight div and absolute in blue belt.
Here is the story (in portuguese):

"FRANC

I'd be nice if you could translate that.

Is this the guy who has been doing BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU for 1 year, but did a bunch of other non-brazilian jiu jitsu for much longer?

It would be much like Marc Kompanyets who won the Mundials at blue belt after training about a year. Of course...he also had a black belt in Judo, but if you don't mention that the accomplishment sounds much better.

Stoic1 said:
Is this the guy who has been doing BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU for 1 year, but did a bunch of other non-brazilian jiu jitsu for much longer?

It would be much like Marc Kompanyets who won the Mundials at blue belt after training about a year. Of course...he also had a black belt in Judo, but if you don't mention that the accomplishment sounds much better.

the judo in brazil is also alot more hardcore in Brazil and the groundwork is bound to be better than the average judokas turtle and hide strategy.

i think the other thread said he had been in some other grappling for a while also

He's a former Ju Jitsu Fighting System World Champion.

it's like a guy here who did shootfighting for 3years then changed to bjj and won a whitebelt comp, big fucking deal

spiderguardman said:
it's like a guy here who did shootfighting for 3years then changed to bjj and won a whitebelt comp, big fucking deal

Exactly.

Back