WorkOut b4 hitting the bag ?

Forbiden1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I really dont know as to where i would put this in stregth or standup.

In what order should you incorporate hitting the bag. B4 hitting the weights or after ?

It depends on how you are doing it, if u are planning on hitting the bag then lifting weights or vice versa, I wouldn't reccomend it, too much for your body at one time. But if you lift in the morning and hit the bag later in the day or vice versa you should be fine, give your body a minimum of time to recover or you will just wear yourself out.

I don't lift and do bagwork on the same day much anymore (time constraints, mostly). Though I did find that when I did resistance training, then did bag work, my arms were kinda wasted pretty quick. What worked best was to do resistance training, then stretch, then work on kicks and finish up by working punching in after my arms recovered a little.

As for doing bagwork, *then* lifting...I wouldn't.

it all depends what you are trying to accomplish the most. if you are trying to be a better fighter, then lift after you hit the bags, but try to get a couple hours of rest to let your body to recover. but if you are trying to get stronger, then lift first since u have all your energy, and use hitting the bags as a way to cool your muscles down.

Spoonman7 said:
It depends on how you are doing it, if u are planning on hitting the bag then lifting weights or vice versa, I wouldn't reccomend it, too much for your body at one time. But if you lift in the morning and hit the bag later in the day or vice versa you should be fine, give your body a minimum of time to recover or you will just wear yourself out.

Yeah, thats what I do. Lift in the mornings & hit the bag later in the day

Either alternate days or lift-morning..Bag work-Afternoon

Weights afterward, since the bagwork loosens you up and the weights tighten you up.

Rexholio said:
Weights afterward, since the bagwork loosens you up and the weights tighten you up.

Rex has it right(especially for bigger guys like me). The last thing you want to be is "tight" when you box or hit the bag. Either box(or hit the bag) first and then hit the weights, or split it up like other people mentioned.

Back