• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Working on New Years...

nineohfive

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Anyone else?

My shift was 11pm-7am, so my new years is ruined. So I took an extra shift and i'm now working 3pm-7am. I got some time to kill....

I read your OP as, "working on New Years- aka getting the party started early"

If that's the case, I'm working on New Years.

I read your OP as, "working on New Years- aka getting the party started early"

If that's the case, I'm working on New Years.

Well Sir have a drink or eight for me. I'll be here if you need me.

i wish i had a job. i don't have anything to do until i get back to school.

I work every year on New Year's. Never dug the New Year's scene.

Kinda working. I'm on call tonight, and therefor can't do anything fun. Kinda sucks, but I've been on vacation the last 10 days and partied like a rockstar the whole time, so taking a night off won't be too terrible.

Kinda working. I'm on call tonight, and therefor can't do anything fun. Kinda sucks, but I've been on vacation the last 10 days and partied like a rockstar the whole time, so taking a night off won't be too terrible.

Ah the on-call... will you have to physically move if you get called or can be handled from home?

I'm at work right now, and am off at 7 PM, so three more hours to go... But I have to be in again at 7 AM so it's not worth it for me to party, unfortunately.

I'll smoke a couple joints and watch a movie, I guess.

I have had to work on New Year's Eve/New Years before, yeah it sucks if you're into the festivities

I'm at work right now, and am off at 7 PM, so three more hours to go... But I have to be in again at 7 AM so it's not worth it for me to party, unfortunately.

I'll smoke a couple joints and watch a movie, I guess.

not as bad, sir.

ive had to do it when i was younger and it kinda sucked.

Ah the on-call... will you have to physically move if you get called or can be handled from home?

Nah, I have to physically move. I'm a Power Lineman, so if someones power goes out I have to go out and fix it, and unfortunately for me I live in west Texas and even the most routine calls require a few hours of work. But the weather has been nice, so hopefully I can relax and just hang out in the recliner tonight. *knock on wood*

Nah, I have to physically move. I'm a Power Lineman, so if someones power goes out I have to go out and fix it, and unfortunately for me I live in west Texas and even the most routine calls require a few hours of work. But the weather has been nice, so hopefully I can relax and just hang out in the recliner tonight. *knock on wood*

Well Sir good luck to you, hopefully it's a quiet night in West Texas.

I am working 6 am to 6 pm today, going to my second job, then I work 6 am to 6 pm tomorrow followed by my second job. I have no complaints.

Anyone else?

My shift was 11pm-7am, so my new years is ruined. So I took an extra shift and i'm now working 3pm-7am. I got some time to kill....

Same here.What sucks more is that people are gonna call it making more work for people who are already there.

I just finished a 10 hr. shift. which included a 250 mile trip to a client

A few years ago I had to work on new years. It was at a restaurant and I didn't get out of there 'til around 1 am. It sucked, but I still had fun later.

was gonna go skiing with my gf in Alps, she dumped me so I took the new years shift. Will save some money and later spend it on a hooker and a good night out.

Back