• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Working 60+ hours per week

just saw this on instagram and thought of this thread...

What else is there to do other than to chase money ?

Everything is pointless and we are all going to die, may as well chase those pounds so youre life is comfortable, no ?

I did it with my food truck for a year, and almost 2 years of what I'm doing now

Not 60 though, I was over 70 hours a week with maybe a week off every 6 months. It wasn't easy work either, I was basically working as hard/fast as I could for the majority of the time

You can do it for a few years but I'm burned out like hell right now. It's hard enough to go sit in the back and watch my employees while shitposting. Sometimes I try to go hard but my fire has burned out. Maybe it'll come back, I'll let you know

I did it with my food truck for a year, and almost 2 years of what I'm doing now

Not 60 though, I was over 70 hours a week with maybe a week off every 6 months

You can do it for a few years but I'm burned out like hell right now. It's hard enough to go sit in the back and watch my employees while shitposting. Sometimes I try to go hard but my fire has burned out. Maybe it'll come back, I'll let you know

What do you mean by burned out

What do you mean by burned out

I mean you become so tired of what you're doing that you can't get excited or get into it anymore. You just end up hating it and having to will yourself through every minute of it

Everything is pointless and we are all going to die, may as well chase those pounds so youre life is comfortable, no ?

Well , if that's how you feel about life than go right ahead. I dont consider slaving away the majority of my time as being " comfortable " though.

It has been my life's goal to avoid working more than 40 hours a week. Mission accomplished.

our time here on earth is not finite...i think the point is to not focus so much on making money that you sacrifice spending time with loved ones, living life, travelling, experiences, etc.

60 hrs a week is a lot. would you be able to find a better paying job that would allow you to save as much but working less hrs?

Well , if that's how you feel about life than go right ahead. I dont consider slaving away the majority of my time as being " comfortable " though.

Well the difference here is how we view work

I dont see my job as slaving away. It is actually extremely easy.

So if your job was also extremely easy, how would you feel about working 60 plus hours for a few years
in order to build up a large cash amount to help you start a business venture you want to do, or buy a property or something which will help you in the future

Not 60 though, I was over 70 hours a week with maybe a week off every 6 months. It wasn't easy work either, I was basically working as hard/fast as I could for the majority of the time

lol at food truck.. lol at "your employees" you mean your high school drop out customer service /sales losers lol.

our time here on earth is not finite...i think the point is to not focus so much on making money that you sacrifice spending time with loved ones, living life, travelling, experiences, etc.

60 hrs a week is a lot. would you be able to find a better paying job that would allow you to save as much but working less hrs?

I certainly cant find a different job which would pay me the same for less hours, plus this job allows me to work many hours so i can earn even more if i want too. Most other jobs i can find dont do that, add on to it this job is super easy physically

Everything in life is just filling time. Realistically wouldnt it be smarter to fill your time doing something which gives you money, bearing in mind i do not hate work, i do not see it as slaving away and im happy to be there ?

Well the difference here is how we view work

I dont see my job as slaving away. It is actually extremely easy.

So if your job was also extremely easy, how would you feel about working 60 plus hours for a few years
in order to build up a large cash amount to help you start a business venture you want to do, or buy a property or something which will help you in the future

That doesn't make a difference to me in the least. I have a wife and fou r kids , I have physically demanding and time consuming hobbies. I like to hang out on my families farm. I like to sleep in and cook pancakes for my kids on Saturday ECT ect. I've done it , I've spent weeks out of town while my daughter stayed with my parents so I could gross $3500 a week. Then I got older , my priorities changed , and I saw the folly in that. Like I said ,if you have a definite goal its one thing. Bust your hump , buy a rental property or something. Don't be a schmuck that gets used to that 60 hour pay and lets it become his baseline. The later happens more than the former.

How old are you btw?

That doesn't make a difference to me in the least. I have a wife and fou r kids , I have physically demanding and time consuming hobbies. I like to hang out on my families farm. I like to sleep in and cook pancakes for my kids on Saturday ECT ect. I've done it , I've spent weeks out of town while my daughter stayed with my parents so I could gross $3500 a week. Then I got older , my priorities changed , and I saw the folly in that. Like I said ,if you have a definite goal its one thing. Bust your hump , buy a rental property or something. Don't be a schmuck that gets used to that 60 hour pay and lets it become his baseline. The later happens more than the former.

How old are you btw?

I dont have a definite goal tbh im just weighing things up at the minute

Im 29.

I just think if i do 60 hours for the next 5 years i can buy another property and then start building a little empire from that

I should have thought like this earlier tbh and then who knows where i would be

I dont have a definite goal tbh im just weighing things up at the minute

Im 29.

I just think if i do 60 hours for the next 5 years i can buy another property and then start building a little empire from that

I should have thought like this earlier tbh and then who knows where i would be

Like I said , strategic OT to make more money to accomplish a specific goal : ie make your life easier in the not too distant future = ok

Working 60-70 hours a week so you can pay for that lifted f350 = fucking retarded.

First item of business is to get your spending in order. You might be able to accomplish the same goal without HAVING to work all that ot. Worst case scenario , that OT now goes twice as far.

Like I said , strategic OT to make more money to accomplish a specific goal : ie make your life easier in the not too distant future = ok

Working 60-70 hours a week so you can pay for that lifted f350 = fucking retarded.

First item of business is to get your spending in order. You might be able to accomplish the same goal without HAVING to work all that ot. Worst case scenario , that OT now goes twice as far.

I have got my expenses all sorted, like really sorted, everything written down and pre planned etc

The overtime certainly wont be towards anything dumb like a new flash car etc it will be toward another property or something which will stand my life in good stead and make things easier for me

Surely its best to get the heavy hours in now while im still relatively young than worrying about doing them when im older

How old are you btw, am i older than you ?

I certainly cant find a different job which would pay me the same for less hours, plus this job allows me to work many hours so i can earn even more if i want too. Most other jobs i can find dont do that, add on to it this job is super easy physically

Everything in life is just filling time. Realistically wouldnt it be smarter to fill your time doing something which gives you money, bearing in mind i do not hate work, i do not see it as slaving away and im happy to be there ?

You're making the classic mistake of speaking from your perspective only.

"Everything is just filling time"

Speak for yourself , not everyone is childless and alone or finds zero joy or fulfillment in interpersonal relationships or hobbies. Legit sad for you dude , if that's your take on life

I have got my expenses all sorted, like really sorted, everything written down and pre planned etc

The overtime certainly wont be towards anything dumb like a new flash car etc it will be toward another property or something which will stand my life in good stead and make things easier for me

Surely its best to get the heavy hours in now while im still relatively young than worrying about doing them when im older

How old are you btw, am i older than you ?

I'm 37
Married
4 kids
Primary home worth 500 k ' ish
Rental property worth 250kish
Haven't bought a new
car since 2008
Worked 15 hours last week

I'm 37
Married
4 kids
Haven't bought a new
car since 2008

Well there you go then

You obviously wouldnt understand someone working 60 hours when you have three quarters of a million in property

You're making the classic mistake of speaking from your perspective only.

"Everything is just filling time"

Speak for yourself , not everyone is childless and alone or finds zero joy or fulfillment in interpersonal relationships or hobbies. Legit sad for you dude , if that's your take on life

Whose perspective should i speak from if not my own

I'm 37
Married
4 kids
Haven't bought a new
car since 2008

impressive.

Well there you go then

You obviously wouldnt understand someone working 60 hours when you have three quarters of a million in property

I'm trying to tell you you don't NEED to work 60 hours a week to accumulate some wealth.

Back