1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Woodley should fake a small injury until GSPs USADA test are finished.

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by Meathead Jock, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Sonny Qc 86,425 Likes

Champagne Room of a Stripclub, Eating Arse.
    Gsp Vs Silva

it's time

2. Toxxus The Ancient One

Pffft - They aren't going to catch GSP on anything.

3. ClosetVitorFan Gold Belt

I would hope this fight could be made in October or late September. Wonderboy and Woodley had easy fights in their last outing. They don't have battle fatigue or damage. Get it done ASAP while they are both healthy. Quick turn around.

4. DOMMA Brown Belt

The UFC is not going to waste GSP's return fight on Woodley. The UFC is in the business to make $ and Woodley has very few fans so he brings nothing to a money fight.

If he fights someone like Diaz/Silva/Bisping, who have large fan bases, the $ is much bigger. Simply:

big draw + big draw = Big $
    big draw + no draw = Less $

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  5. DOMMA Brown Belt

Well done sir, you are leading the best thread gif of the day contest.

6. pocket White Belt

That fight won't happen.. Sh.

7. chinarice Steel Belt

It would be even funnier if GSP won, took a year+ off then retired again with the belt.

I'd love to see it. GSP walks in a year later after reclaiming what he never lost, drops the belt in the middle of the cage, crotchchops Dana and Lorenzo then walks out.

8. Just Creed Gold Belt

But why?

Your idea is odd. I want Tyron to succeed and show his worth but it seems like Tyron 'knows' he loses against GSP or WB but I suppose GSP is the money fight and Tyron doesn't get ko'd....still though, WB has earned his ts and Tyron's acting like a duck

9. bzrkr Black Belt

Fine...Wonderboy vs Ruthless for Interim belt. Lawler's loss was too sudden to make an impact on his ranking.

10. Jimmy jump Banned Banned

You realise that if a fighter has an injury, he/she is inspected by a UFC physician right? You can't just fake an injury.

11. Weidman Still my booooy!

No. He should and will fight rightful #1 contender in Wonderboy! I became his fan after title win, but he lost me 3 minutes after when he started talking. His reign will be short, Wonderboy by KO 1st round.

12. crysis Purple Belt

gsp making a comeback is the stupidist thing he could do.

its not about his age or whether he believes he can still compete.

as a fan i think he should've learned from the others who came back and went on losing streaks, thats what i'm afraid is going to happen with gsp.

he will tarnish his legacy and record by losing and probably getting ko'd or finished.

in his last few fights he was less eplosive, made less movement, wasn't as quick, it seemd alot of his natural abilities had went downhill.

so after a long lay off and most likely his abilities being less effective, i think no matter who he fights it will be a tough fight for him to even win.

where as if you compare the gsp that fought fitch, in most opponents he would probably win a dominant decision, like i said his last few fights, hendricks, condit, and diaz he seemed less like himself.

i think he should stay retired with the record he has and the fact he did so while still being champ, if he comes back i think it will start a string of losses then it ruins the fact he could've been one of only or few that retired still being ww champ like he did after the hendricks fight.

we'll see what happens but i if gsp comes back and feels like he can still fight, it will be a rude awakening back to reality that accept the fact your wrong and you can't do the things as good, or as fast as you use to.

13. Meathead Jock WAR ASKREN

Aldo - bruised ribs or cracked ribs? Still got out.

14. AKA_Steve_B Veteran Hall of Fame belt

I doubt Woodley will need to 'fake' an injury , just wait for nature to run it's course

15. Meathead Jock WAR ASKREN

If GSP was desperate for a fight he would have had a fight by now. He also wouldnt be doing the 4 months of testing to return.

16. Tormund Banned Banned

He can't just dive in, he has sponsorship dilemmas and things like that.