Woodley should be 11th in line for a Welterweight title shot

I wouldn't say he's 11th, but I don't think it's an option for him to sit out and wait for the title shot. WW is getting too crowded
They should have re-booked Hendricks or put him against Thomson. Having Woodley sit out this long is dumb.

HA at anyone who thinks nick diaz should even be talked about in the same post as a title shot. The guy can't win, last fought at MW, and oh yea, hasn't really won at all lately?

Just as they say during matches: Be First.
Sitting on the sidelines, caressing and protecting your "brand" has proven to not help fighters. I can't even remember when Woodley fought last. If you want to be the champ in a stacked division then you need to take people out. Who wants to see Woodley fight after watching Thomson dismantle Hendricks, Maia climbing the ranks, or Conor talking about that belt? People that make moves are the ones that get rewarded.

I don't like being negative towards Woodley and I like him. But if I pretend he does deserve the shot then I'm automatically being negative towards the other fighters who should be ahead of him. I'm just being honest in saying I don't think he deserves it.

A KO win over DHK and a split decision win against Gastelum. I'd say just about everyone in the top 10 is more deserving them Tyron right now.

It is pretty funny that Woodley has been parked all this time waiting for "his shot". Meanwhile, guys like Condit, Thompson, and Maia have built way better claims at #1 contender.
Surely it won't be Woodley/Lawler at UFC 200?
WW is becoming crowded.

This. If you sit around waiting, you leave opportunity for guys to come in and leap frog you with awesome performances that fans actually remember because, you know, they're recent...

Nick should fight at 170 and win before he's in the discussion for a title shot.

Other than that I can agree with jist of this.

Bump.

I stand by my OP. But Woodley has proven himself as the WW GOAT.

Back