Woodley has earned my respect.

MMA fan93

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I used to be one of his biggest doubters. I did not like his entitled attitude demanding a title shot after just 2 wins, one being a split decision over fatselum. He sits out for almost 2 years for the shot. Then he knocks out Robbie Lawler, which to me seemed a fluke at the time considering how much damage Lawler had taken prior. The two boring ass fights with Wonderboy, where it seemed like would've been a win for Wonderboy had he come in with the right game plan. Then a boring decision over Maia where he completely neutralised him.

And now Till. I felt he was primed to knock out Woodley but t he absolutely dominated him. Submitted him, and Woodley in the middle of the octagon, in tears upon receiving his black belt is a strong visual.

Maybe he is just that good. After all, the way he beats these guys might not be pretty, but the fact remains that he is beating them regardless.

His resume is already filled with names like Condit, Kim, Koscheck, Gastelum, Wonderboy, Maia, Till.

That deserves respect. One of the best WW champions of this era.

I'm sure he'll be delighted to hear that.

I'll pass it along to him TS
It'll mean more to him than his blackbelt

This is what he wanted all along.

Now he can retire happy.

You don't get to be one of the greatest welterweights who ever lived if you care about what some bums on the internet think of you.

Also lol at Till being primed for knocking out Woodley, Masvidal KO'd a better version of Cerrone in a much more flashy manner. His power was completely overrated.

You don't get to be one of the greatest welterweights who ever lived
GettyImages-467541714.jpg

Why anybody doubted Woodley with his record is beyond me. Look at the fucking guy. Who else knocks Lawler out like that?

Lmao The first 3 comments are losers who are allergic to human decency :) Typical Sherdog. Rub another one out boys, you'll be ok!
@Reign009
@Threetrees
@wilKO

And I agree TS, Woodley definitely brought me closer to being a fan tonight. And indeed him receiving his black belt in the octagon after his first sub was a hell of a moment. And I must say that first Wonderboy fight was actually pretty good, that's why they did a rematch. The rematch is the one that fell flat, but Woodley still fought smart. I'm happy for you King Wood!

Lmao The first 3 comments are losers who are allergic to human decency :) Typical Sherdog. Rub another one out boys, you'll be ok!
@Reign009
@Threetrees
@wilKO

And I agree TS, Woodley definitely brought me closer to being a fan tonight. And indeed him receiving his black belt in the octagon after his first sub was a hell of a moment. And I must say that first Wonderboy fight was actually pretty good, that's why they did a rematch. The rematch is the one that fell flat, but Woodley still fought smart. I'm happy for you King Wood!
I'm rubbing one out right now

@Reign009
@Threetrees
@wilKO

No need to be mean bro. It was only a joke.
<mma1>

No need to be mean bro. It was only a joke.
<mma1>
Ahhh grow some balls, you'll be alright ;) Poor MMA fan93 writes a lighthearted post about his positive feelings for Woodley, and you be sarcastic! Verily! I say nay! These nanigans of she shan't be tolerated any longer! They SHAN'T!

I used to be one of his biggest doubters. I did not like his entitled attitude demanding a title shot after just 2 wins, one being a split decision over fatselum. He sits out for almost 2 years for the shot. Then he knocks out Robbie Lawler, which to me seemed a fluke at the time considering how much damage Lawler had taken prior. The two boring ass fights with Wonderboy, where it seemed like would've been a win for Wonderboy had he come in with the right game plan. Then a boring decision over Maia where he completely neutralised him.

And now Till. I felt he was primed to knock out Woodley but t he absolutely dominated him. Submitted him, and Woodley in the middle of the octagon, in tears upon receiving his black belt is a strong visual.

Maybe he is just that good. After all, the way he beats these guys might not be pretty, but the fact remains that he is beating them regardless.

His resume is already filled with names like Condit, Kim, Koscheck, Gastelum, Wonderboy, Maia, Till.

That deserves respect. One of the best WW champions of this era.

So many people have been wrong about Woodley for so long. They’ve been.judging him in a negative light due to a couple dud fights and 1 stoppage loss to one of the most seasoned veterans of mma and forgot who he really was. An exciting knockout artist and a stud wrestler

Sidenote his evolution since joining Roufussport has been nothing short of remarkable

I'm just glad he's not continuing the trend of stupid call outs and race baiting. He's already much more likable when he's humble and just sticks to fighting and not playing the victim.

Edit: And for the record, I've always respected him as a fighter. Spent plenty of time defending him on this very forum. I just wish he didn't complain as much.

Yes. for the first time i respect him as a fighter. he's still a tool outside the ring.

it was fluke i think till would win rematch

woodley did nothing but lean against cage and 1 lucky punch. he beat wonderboy faster than woodley

Welcome aboard, better late than never.

Back