Woodley another strikeforce Ufc champ

Strikeforce and wec was where all the talent was, not pride, not UFC

Only in the UFC the best fight the best three times a year.

Also: Strikefarce.

Again not somebody who is going to break records in the PPV department but a great fighter and really good guy.

Robbie Lawler fought in Strikeforce.
Now what?

The stupidity of this thread keeps going

Remember when Ariel and co was mocking strikeforce back in the day blindley belivein Danas hype. Coker is one talenter promoter and I think Bellator wil be a force within 5 yrs.

Werdum, Robbie Lawler, T-Wood, DC, Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate, Luke Rockhold,

Coming soon (possibly): Alistair Overeem, Jacare Souza

This is why SF was the only org that had potential to compete with the UFC.

Remember when Ariel and co was mocking strikeforce back in the day blindley belivein Danas hype. Coker is one talenter promoter and I think Bellator wil be a force within 5 yrs.
I dunno. there's not enough non-UFC top tier talents to bring in interest. With SF, they built hype overnight by signing nearly every legit talent outside of the UFC.

Only blind nuthuggers never want to accept the fact that there's talent outside of the UFC.

Funny. When I watch a UFC event, all I see are UFC fighters fighting... UFC fighters. What am I missing here?

Werdum and Lawler don't really count, imo. They both had bad runs when they first were in the UFC and then went to Strikeforce where they seemed to find their game again for their UFC return. They were UFC fighters first.

Don't even think Ronda counts since her champion status was grandfathered into the UFC for their new women's division. It's not like the UFC had a champ in that division which Ronda came in and beat.

All lost their belts

and

only has a belt by default

Maybe we should be asking why all these Strikeforce guys have lost their belts in the last year?

Werdum and Lawler don't really count, imo. They both had bad runs when they first were in the UFC and then went to Strikeforce where they seemed to find their game again for their UFC return. They were UFC fighters first.

Don't even think Ronda counts since her champion status was grandfathered into the UFC for their new women's division. It's not like the UFC had a champ in that division which Ronda came in and beat.
And to state the obvious, SF had a lot of guys who were prospects at the time and it was a great place for them to grow before going to the UFC. Guys like Tyron and Rockhold would have had much worse records if they had started out in the UFC instead of having that time to develop in SF and get the experience they needed.

Heavyweight is the only real exception, their HW roster legitimately rivaled the UFC's roster at the time

Back