Won't Make the HOF, but...

jlj49er

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Trying to get away from the normal flaming and bashing on the site.

Everyone has a fighter they love but doesn't get enough respect in their own opinion. Make a case for a fighter that you don't think will make it into the HOF.

Mine is Yves Edwards. 17 career submissions. 17 career T(KOs). Cleaned out the division at a time when there was no champion and I feel could have competed with Pulver and BJ at the time. Tied with BJ, Joe Stevenson, and Melvin Guillard for the most lightweight wins in UFC history at 10. If he retires with that record, which I think he will, I'd easily have him in the hall. That said, I don't think he was ever a big enough star or had a following big enough for them to put him in.

So, who would you like to see make the hall of fame but probably won't and why?

Alan Belcher. Because he's a modern day's Evan Tanner.

Mirko CroCop won't make it because he didn't win many fights against top 5 opponents.

I wish so badly that he would make it though. I wish I wish I wish.

Others may bring up chris lytle as well but i feel very strongly about him. His ufc return against Serra was boring and inspired him to be one of the most exciting ufc fighters of all time. While not at the championship level caliber, Lytle possessed wild power in his hands, a very tough chin, and most dangerously his lethal submissions and ground game which he was always a moment away from utilizing if anyone dared to take him down. His only two losses that were stoppages were doctor's stoppages from cuts. He's fought guys like alves, hughes, parisyan, riggs, hardy, etc.

Rampage. The guy is a total legend, and knocking out Liddell like that, epic:eek: But the UFC seems to hate him and I doubt he ever gets a spot in the HOF.

Lytle. Always in exciting fights and extremely well rounded but never made it to the top

Mirko CroCop won't make it because he didn't win many fights against top 5 opponents.

I wish so badly that he would make it though. I wish I wish I wish.

Exact same thing for Minotauro

Others may bring up chris lytle as well but i feel very strongly about him. His ufc return against Serra was boring and inspired him to be one of the most exciting ufc fighters of all time. While not at the championship level caliber, Lytle possessed wild power in his hands, a very tough chin, and most dangerously his lethal submissions and ground game which he was always a moment away from utilizing if anyone dared to take him down. His only two losses that were stoppages were doctor's stoppages from cuts. He's fought guys like alves, hughes, parisyan, riggs, hardy, etc.

This./ thread I always, ALWAYS route for Hardy. My nuthugging mind always finds a way to find a way he will win (will ko gsp round 2 lol).
Against Lytle - nothing. Knew he's lose from the moment the fight was signed.

MMA needs a HOF ZUFFA should build it in Las Vegas and have a UFC, Pride, Strikeforce and WEC wing

If he keeps fighting and getting some wins he deserves it. He's an exciting old school fighter, and anyone who followed the sport knew who he was.

Whats the point of the Hall of Fame? Let the fighter's legacy speak for itself.

Always been a fan of Frank Mir but I doubt he gets the nod.

Probably Lauzon or Nate Diaz. Sooo many OTN bonuses! Both guys always bring it.

Back