Wonderboy vs Michael Page...

MVP destroys WonderBread via skull crushing knee.

I would take Wonderboy 8/10 times. MVP has a good chance to catch him with the speed he has though.

I would take Wonderboy 8/10 times. MVP has a good chance to catch him with the speed he has though.

It might not be fan-friendly but if it came down to it I think Thompson could just outgrapple Page if he needed to or wanted to.

RealExcellentAnnashummingbird.gif

MVP via explosiveness

Faster or not, Thompson's timing, accuracy and footwork would be the difference. That's not a knock on Page, Thompson does it to everyone. Thompson is the most skilled standup fighter in the sport and that's not a stretch when you consider the depth and accomplishments of his striking background before he was even in MMA which is a level above Page's.

Also, who's to say Thompson doesn't take Page to the ground? I believe Thompson has the advantage in wrestling and on the floor.

Seems like you aren't aware of MVP's striking background. I feel Page's timing, accuracy and footwork is the best in all of MMA.

Faster or not, Thompson's timing, accuracy and footwork would be the difference. That's not a knock on Page, Thompson does it to everyone. Thompson is the most skilled standup fighter in the sport and that's not a stretch when you consider the depth and accomplishments of his striking background before he was even in MMA which is a level above Page's.

Also, who's to say Thompson doesn't take Page to the ground? I believe Thompson has the advantage in wrestling and on the floor.
eh..... MVP's timing, accuracy and footwork are all just as good as Wonderboys. Plus he has the speed and power advantage. Also lets not get into Wonderboys sketchy "kickboxing" record.... he's never fought anyone like MVP

I will agree that Wonderboy is far more experienced and has fought at a much higher level in MMA..... I just dont think he is the kind of fighter to take MVP down, which I think would end badly for him if they ever do fight

Seems like you aren't aware of MVP's striking background. I feel Page's timing, accuracy and footwork is the best in all of MMA.

I am aware. I said his striking background is a level above Page's. I didn't say it's 10 levels above. I don't believe Thompson has ever lost as a professional fighter in any sport other than his one MMA loss to Matt Brown. Thompson was also by far the best fighter in the WCL which had champions of numerous styles.

I just dont think he is the kind of fighter to take MVP down, which I think would end badly for him if they ever do fight

Thompson has taken down Ellenberger, Clements and Burrell a total of 5 times and he probably would have gotten several more takedowns in his UFC career had he not won so many fights so quickly.

Given that, why wouldn't he take Page down which would almost completely disarm him ?

Thompson has taken down Ellenberger, Clements and Burrell down a total of 5 times and he probably would have gotten several more takedowns had he not won so many fights so quickly.

Given that, why wouldn't he take Page down which would almost completely disarm him ?
personal pride..... fighting a guy with a similar fighting style, wouldnt you want to prove you were better? I think Wonderboy would

if he didnt, he'd be instantly hated on

I know 11 year olds with better hands than MVP, Wonderboy would KTFO him.
bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I needed a good laugh. Thanks bro. I appreciate it. But now I have coffee all over my desk.

personal pride..... fighting a guy with a similar fighting style, wouldnt you want to prove you were better? I think Wonderboy would

I dont know if he would be hated on but I somewhat agree. Some part of me believes if this fight were to ever happen, they would verbally agree to fight their own sport but in a cage without protective gear to settle who is the actually GOAT of their old sport.

It depends on what the fight meant to Thompson. If Thompson were defending a UFC belt or needed another win to get to a title shot you had better believe Thompson would not be ruling out takedowns and ground fighting. That I can almost guarantee.

So it's really hard to say what the fight would look like or what each fighter's chances are without knowing the circumstances.

It depends on what the fight meant to Thompson. If Thompson were defending a UFC belt or needed another win to get to a title shot you had better believe Thompson would not be ruling out takedowns and ground fighting. That I can almost guarantee.

So it's really hard to say what the fight would look like or what each fighter's chances are without knowing the circumstances.
how many submission victories does Wonderboy have? As far as I am aware MVP has a couple. Which shows he is more well rounded than people give him credit for being. Wonderboy taking him down wouldnt necessarily be a guaranteed win.

I just think MVP could be the worst stylistic matchup for Wonderboy in the future

how many submission victories does Wonderboy have? As far as I am aware MVP has a couple.

This means nothing. Thompson also won by submission in his 3rd MMA fight. A lot of higher level athletes rack up submissions against low level competition even if they're not good submission artists because it's the quickest and cleanest way to get rid of an inferior opponent. Thompson wouldn't need to submit Page, he would just need to outwrestle and control him and I believe he can, not to say Thompson couldn't handle himself on the feet as well :D

Back