Wonderboy is proof that Traditional Martial Arts too deadly for MMA

Ar145984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wonderboy is a former karate champion, and the results can be seen in his unique style and how he easily KOs everyone. People like to discredit traditional martial arts like Aikido, Ninjitsu and Wing Chun but don't realize that a lot of their applications involve deadly combat and could not be done in a sport, the biggest flaw with modern mma thinkers. The fallacy exists when people think someone like Stipe Miocic would last against an experienced 1st Dan Aikido master.

Stipe would throw a hook and shift all his energy forward, allowing for an easy kata hiki hajiki goshi

I love Wonderboy but he got dominated by Matt Brown. He's obviously improved since then but there isn't ever going to be one single unanswerable question in MMA, there are too many variables and adaptations. He's just a really great fighter and that's all.

It's proof that there are still plenty of elite strikers who could transition to MMA. Same goes with judokas and a lot of other martial arts.

I'll have more data if Ty-Run stops running to retired fighters.

Wonderboy is a former karate champion, and the results can be seen in his unique style and how he easily KOs everyone. People like to discredit traditional martial arts like Aikido, Ninjitsu and Wing Chun but don't realize that a lot of their applications involve deadly combat and could not be done in a sport, the biggest flaw with modern mma thinkers. The fallacy exists when people think someone like Stipe Miocic would last against an experienced 1st Dan Aikido master.

Stipe would throw a hook and shift all his energy forward, allowing for an easy kata hiki hajiki goshi
I agree. Dux-Ryu Ninjitsu led to a 329-0 fight record with
spcrcl.gif
Fastest Knockout - 3.2 seconds, Fastest Punch with a Knockout - .12 seconds, Fastest Kick with a Knockout - 72 mph, and Most Consecutive Knockouts in a Single Tournament - 56.

Ahh yes the kata hiki hajiki goshi. Use that one all the time.

Yeah...until you get picked up and slammed off your fucking dome. Better land that one sweet KO kick/punch before hand. Wrestling is by far the best base to have for fighting.

Is this all you do is start shit threads? I've never seen a single quality post coming from you.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

if they ever legalise 12-6 elbows, Wonderboy will kill someone brick style.

Guessing you were big on "The era of the Dragon" too.

A top level Karate fighter with great takedown defense is a force to be reckoned with, a top level karate fighter without takedown defense is the victim of ground and pound, or a submission, within the first 30 seconds.

Someone get TS's home address so I can go burn it to the ground.

0/10
And karate actually is a great basis but then you mention aikido and the trolling was blatantly obvious

I fucking love Wonderboy because I love seeing traditional martial arts, that crazy shit we use to see in movies and video games as a kid, used in real life and shown to actually be applicable. But that doesn't mean it's superior, it's just working for now.

Yeah...until you get picked up and slammed off your fucking dome. Better land that one sweet KO kick/punch before hand. Wrestling is by far the best base to have for fighting.

Being a black A level athlete is the best base

Back