Wonderboy beat Woodley twice and Till

I badly rooted for him but I thought Woodley won the 2 fight but I also think he beat Till

3-2 WB, second fight was a disgrace that could actually had been the draw on their fights, Till fight was pretty even too.

We should be careful of our biases. Many who thought Woodley won believed Woodley to absolutely dominate. Many who thought Thompson would win believed he was robbed.

I thought Thompson would win a decision or late stoppage (Woodley's gas tank and composure under pressure was in question), but Woodley fought well and won a close first fight. Thompson lost the second fight convincingly.

Thompson didn't look bad, but he lost. What else is there to say?

UFC should do a highly publicized unconscious bias training program.

I rewatched all 3 fights. People use woodley hurting Wonderboy as the reason he won. Even though thats not how fights are acored. I scored both fights for Wonderboy. Were they close? Yes, but imo Wonderboy deserved the nod.

Till fight wasn't as close, and like the woodley fight, people put so much emphasis on the one moment where till landed that right hand. Before that, Wonderboy was landing jabs and rights to the body and imo won 3 rounds at least. Clear hometown decision.

Imo Wonderboy should be champ ATM.
Well, I kinda agree however
Woodley 1: Woodley Thompson deserved a win
Woodley 2: Thompson won - razor sharp close, but he won
Till: Fight should have been scrapped - he was 175 on scales, the way he stood on scales made him a bit "lighter". And when fighter misses by that much - fight should be canceled and the other party paid the full purse.

Last edited:
Woodley had one knockdown per fight according to fightmetric.
Fightmetric also said Woodley had one takedown per fight and more significant strikes landed also.
So to say Thompson won is fairly obviously wrong.
Yeah except I watched the fight and Woodley put him on his ass repeatedly. With strikes. idk what the guys at fightmetric were smoking.

Well, I kinda agree however
Woodley 1: Woodley deserved a win
Woodley 2: Thompson won - razor sharp close, but he won
Till: Fight should have been scrapped - he was 175 on scales, the way he stood on scales made him a bit "lighter". And when fighter misses by that much - fight should be canceled and the other party paid the full purse.

What do you mean he "deserved" a win

Not so sure about the first Woodley fight. I thought he won the second but it was hard to feel much outrage on his behalf--nobody should get a title for fighting like that. On the other hand, the robbery against Till was cause for dismay.

Last edited:
I'm not going to spend 1.5 hr rewatching those fights but my takeaway from all 3 of those fights at the time was that none of those fighters fought with any urgency, took any risks, pushed the pace and outside of Woodley's knockdown nothing memorable happened.
Nothing wrong with fighting carefully at these levels but if you lose a close decision because of it I'm not going to care.

The first fight I give to Wboy.

The second.. he didn't win that at best a draw but eh saw enough of them for 50 minutes he had his chances to take that belt he didn't want to risk it and I'm over it.

The Till (and he missed weight) fight is a coin flip but if he would have got the W what exactly would have happened another 25 minutes of tentative tittle fight no thanks, at least Woodley handled business and took out Till asap and completely, left 0 doubt and gave out humble pie to the company, fans, bookies etc.

I barely remember the second fight, but I originally thought it was absolute easy win for Woodley?

Based on what? Ive only heard good things about them.
Ill go back and watch those fights later but what are they wrong about? Knockdowns, takedowns, sig strikes?

There's been plenty threads and articles on the subject. Use the search feature.

Yeah it was 4 knockdowns, twice in both Fights, and if we include the submission attempt, he had Stephens damn near dead to rights 5 times.
Twood got really underrated boxing. It isn't just a sloppy overhand he throws and connects with luck everytime. He's really technical.

First was a draw and should have been, the second should have been a win for Wonderboy but it was close. Till was a straight up robbery though.

There needs to be a change in how judges score the rounds. Way more tied , 10-8 and 10-7 rounds are needed. No way in hell should a round that Wonderboy edged be worth the same as a round that Woodley actually did damage.

I see a belt around Woodleys waist, I get it a large segment of America is wholly invested in denying reality, hence the clinging to comic books, sci fi, etc. the infantilization extends even to sports, fight was nearly a year ago but some can’t accept the outcome.

Back