Women's Bare Knuckle Boxing

The media coverage of this event was driven by the main event. It got media that normally wouldn't cover it to cover it. To me having that main event achieved the objectives of the event.

The hardcore existing fans may well have been more excited about a different fight. That happens in UFC too sometimes where sometimes the longtime fans have more interest in a different fight in the card but for marketing reasons the UFC went with a different main event.

Not that you really answered the question, bud. Because I don't know why it's a problem it's a "sideshow" or "strip show". You still get to see the normal product too, right? It's not a total transformation.

Then you don't know or care much about history or integrity of the sport.

It should never have been the main event. Even if it generated much more bs publicity and media attention to barenuckle, it wasn't really about bk at all so won't last, it was about these women and their IG and onlyfans and of course fits the woke agenda of women participating more.

How about this, say there was a boxing card with the legit WBC middle weight title on the line by two leading men in the division...and it was given second billing to a glorified lingerie boxing match between two 120 Ibs women whose claim to fame is having IG followers. You would be ok with that?
I can't imagine how the other fighters feel also knowing their just a side show to the softcore main event.

I suppose this is an extension of Jake Paul with YouTube followers.

So tell me, would you be ok hypothetically with a Jake Paul match headlining a Bellator card as long is it brought much more publicity to the event?

It should never have been the main event. Even if it generated much more bs publicity and media attention to barenuckle, it wasn't really about bk at all so won't last, it was about these women and their IG and onlyfans and of course fits the woke agenda of women participating more.

How about this, say there was a boxing card with the legit WBC middle weight title on the line by two leading men in the division...and it was given second billing to a glorified lingerie boxing match between two 120 Ibs women whose claim to fame is having IG followers. You would be ok with that?
I can't imagine how the other fighters feel also knowing their just a side show to the softcore main event.

So tell me, would you be ok hypothetically with a Jake Paul match headlining a Bellator card as long is it brought much more publicity to the event?

If Bellator could get Paul to fight, they would be crazy to not build the event around him as a headliner. They are in the entertainment business and the promotor will do anything they can to sell as much as possible.

If it was a legit world title that had enough interest they would put it on a separate card. The UFC does this all the time. When they headline an event with a non-title fight they don't put title fights below and instead fill with other fights (Dustin v Conor for example). The UFC did this because Dustin v Conor was far more popular than Chandler Oliveria which barely moved the needle.

The argument it doesn't happen in boxing isn't true. For example in mayweather v Conor there were two title fights before them.

PVZ was probably the highest paid fighter on the card. You don't pay her the most and then not take advantage of it. I understand you don't agree or like that, but it was a big opportunity to get some new eyeballs on bare knuckle.

The history of only fans and social media popular women fighting bare knuckle? Yeah that a long history!

You're huffing and puffing a lot, but at the end of the day they were just women fighting bare knuckle. People came to see a BK fight and they got it. Why their gender is in any way objectionable I still don't know. I also don't see how it makes it woke, unless you're against women fighting and promoting their fight. Objectivying women has always been a part of fighting, just look at the ring girls. It's nothing new. Women using their sexuality is nothing new.

You really seem to have a problem with women, bud, at least in combat sports. You even state that you've come to accept the existence of WMMA, as if it was some big choir.

FYI, I have been vocal on here how I think Ostovich is a bad role model for her daughter with her behavior and I'm not a fan of it, or her looks, personally either, but I still think she has the right like anynore to fight in whatever sport she likes and promote it however she likes it, within reason of course. And I think the org has the right to promote and structure their events however they want, again within reason of course. It's part of the freedoms I thought Muricans cared so much about.

So yes, if Bellator decided to do that, I'd be okay with it. It's not what I'd personally would like to see, but Bellator is not in the business of provoding me personally with what I want to see, so I can't really hold it against them.

The history of only fans and social media popular women fighting bare knuckle? Yeah that a long history!
Don't be flippant for the sake of it. We are taking about a man's sport with 150 years recorded history.

You're huffing and puffing a lot, but at the end of the day they were just women fighting bare knuckle. People came to see a BK fight and they got it. Why their gender is in any way objectionable I still don't know. I also don't see how it makes it woke, unless you're against women fighting and promoting their fight. Objectivying women has always been a part of fighting, just look at the ring girls. It's nothing new. Women using their sexuality is nothing new.

You really seem to have a problem with women, bud, at least in combat sports. You even state that you've come to accept the existence of WMMA, as if it was some big choir.

FYI, I have been vocal on here how I think Ostovich is a bad role model for her daughter with her behavior and I'm not a fan of it, or her looks, personally either, but I still think she has the right like anynore to fight in whatever sport she likes and promote it however she likes it, within reason of course. And I think the org has the right to promote and structure their events however they want, again within reason of course. It's part of the freedoms I thought Muricans cared so much about.

So yes, if Bellator decided to do that, I'd be okay with it. It's not what I'd personally would like to see, but Bellator is not in the business of provoding me personally with what I want to see, so I can't really hold it against them.

The problem with you and those like you is your unquestioning passive acceptance of all these kinds of changes regardless.

The fact that this conversation had to moved to lightweights shows how pathetic the situation is and the fact you question my views on it sums up why.

Theres plenty of reasons why one might not support or be enthusiastic for womens combat sport.

Regarding the issue here, yes women have always and will be sexualized and objectified and they do it themselves also.

Guess what, if you have women main eventing a BKFC card then the sport will get sexualized and trivialized also.
So there one reason not to have women main eventing BK or mma since it comes with automatic unavoidable sexualization of the fights.

It didn't have to be like this as much.
If they are down the card and non main event, and if thet chose women fighters not based in their popularity due to looks (altho I have no idea why someone with a face like Vabzandt is seen as attractive anyway) or IG then it is valid. Otherwise the event becomes a sexual side piece.

You can try to twist things or say this or that but pointing this, and the fact it bothers you and so many so much that someone says this obvious truth and that the event is an insult to the history of bareknuckle say alot about how your thinking is warped by media and wokism also.

Don't be flippant for the sake of it. We are taking about a man's sport with 150 years recorded history.

Well, if you were more clear about what exactly is bothering you, I'd don't have to make snarky remarks. I mean I keep asking you to be clear. So what exactly about the history of it are you alluding to? That it has been a male dominated sport? I definitely don't disagree with that. But if that is the only objection to the change to females participating in it, it seems kinda sexist. Also you understand that because it's still a male dominated sport in both participants, but especially also viewers, that that's the reason women are using their sexuality to hustle their way in the fight game. It doesn't pay that well normally for women, you know. Or don't you think they have a right to earn a decent living while chasing the career of a fighter? Seems like a perfectly fair goal and basic need for them to have, to me.

The problem with you and those like you is your unquestioning passive acceptance of all these kinds of changes regardless.

Lol, you know nothing about my stances on these kind of things. I've only spoken about this particular matter in regards to one event, mainly.

Also, lol at unquestioning passive acceptance. If anything I am as questioning as I can be, just like I am now questioning you, I question everything. But you have a problem with me simply questioning you on the "why?" of the very subject you chose to make a thread about. You have become extremely defensive and combative, simply because I dared to ask a simple question that's really significant to the subject you made a thread for. And lol at passive, what are you doing about it then, bud? Making threads out of frustration on it on a karate forum. That'll show 'em!

The fact that this conversation had to moved to lightweights shows how pathetic the situation is and the fact you question my views on it sums up why.

Bud, pro tip: don't take it personally when they move your thread. It's not that big a deal. I mean it should be here or maybe the boxing subforum? BKFC isn't heavies material.

Theres plenty of reasons why one might not support or be enthusiastic for womens combat sport.

Sure, so why is it such a problem to talk about those reasons then? I never said there weren't any. I can't read your mind though, so I'll have to ask what your personal objections are.

Regarding the issue here, yes women have always and will be sexualized and objectified and they do it themselves also.

Guess what, if you have women main eventing a BKFC card then the sport will get sexualized and trivialized also.

Sure, to a certain degree, by certain people. People will always hate.

So there one reason not to have women main eventing BK or mma since it comes with automatic unavoidable sexualization of the fights.

The reason is that the promoter wants to make money. Capitalism and all that.

It didn't have to be like this as much.
If they are down the card and non main event, and if thet chose women fighters not based in their popularity due to looks (altho I have no idea why someone with a face like Vabzandt is seen as attractive anyway) or IG then it is valid. Otherwise the event becomes a sexual side piece.

If you can't see it as anything else but a sexualized side piece, that's on you, bruh. I can still see that it's a real BK fight by two real fighters, despite their social media images.

You can try to twist things or say this or that

Say this or that? You know you're on an internet forum, right? People have debates here and they will have arguments A.K.A. 'saying this or that'

but pointing this, and the fact it bothers you

What bothers me, bud? I'm just trying to understand your objections, before I react to them. You're the one making this thread out of frustration, not me.

and so many so much that someone says this obvious truth and that the event is an insult to the history of bareknuckle say alot about how your thinking is warped by media and wokism also.

The history of BK can't be insulted, because the history has no sentience and is unable to feel any feelings, including feeling insulted. Women have bare hands, they can form into fists and hit people with. If there is an avenue for them to earn money with that, I have nothing against it. If in that avenue of earning money with punching people with your bare fists there is a demand for sexiness, I don't have a problem if women use that to change a very lowly paying lifestyle and occupation into a lucrative one. Do I think they should? No. Would I change it f I could? Yes. Can I change it? No. Is there a good reason for me to get worked up about something I have no control over whatsoever? Not that I can think of.

But if you disagree with that, that's okay. I just wanted to know why you exactly think what you think.

Last edited:
Back