Women's 145lb division

Rea_ctor

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Do you think Dana regrets making this pointless division now? Let's be honest 145lb was made solely for Cyborg, then she goes and pops again.
One of the challengers Holly Holm is a lass that won the 135lb belt then was handedly beat twice since, that alone shows the level of depth in this division.

Years of putting this off and it falls to pieces within a month haha.

The division was made for the Once Ever female 2-division champion, RRRRRowdy Ronda Rousey.

Why stop at 145? Need a BBW division.

The division is terrible.

However, I doubt Dana regrets it. Holly Holm is a big name with resonance. She competed on two of the biggest PPVs of all-time. She drew big ratings in July on Fox. She has appeared on a wide variety of mainstream media.

Has her career veered between incredibly good and underwhelming? Absolutely. Is she past her athletic prime, at 35 years old and a long boxing career behind her? Almost certainly. However, she is a name. WME-IMG need names. They don't give a fuck about the integrity of the sport.

Expect other divisions to be created this year as well. I'm guessing 162lbs. Maybe 177 lbs too. WME-IMG are following the boxing road to catastrophe.

I'm thinking the 145 division was made more for Ronda than Cyborg at this point. She wins 135 back, then rematches Holly at 145 (huge fight,) double champ, then defends against Cyborg (huge fight) before retiring. Absolutely massive money for the UFC if it pans out, but the chances are slim.

The division is terrible.

However, I doubt Dana regrets it. Holly Holm is a big name with resonance. She competed on two of the biggest PPVs of all-time. She drew big ratings in July on Fox. She has appeared on a wide variety of mainstream media.

Has her career veered between incredibly good and underwhelming? Absolutely. Is she past her athletic prime, at 35 years old and a long boxing career behind her? Almost certainly. However, she is a name. WME-IMG need names. They don't give a fuck about the integrity of the sport.

Expect other divisions to be created this year as well. I'm guessing 162lbs. Maybe 177 lbs too. WME-IMG are following the boxing road to catastrophe.
Doubt it, there's no potential starpower or dream match ups to be made from a 162 or 177 division. They'll probably just focus more on building up new stars in the existing divisions.

Well, they might for now, but there's some interesting fights ahead...

lol j/k it's utter shit. There's no fight @ 145 that they can't do @ 135.

Just open the fucking 125 division already, who the fuck needs 145.

Why do people keep saying they made the division for Cyborg, when the UFC keeps saying they didn't and made a point of putting two other fighters in the title fight?

I think you're doing a lot of complaining about nothing. They created the division and will stock it with fighters. For the people who have a problem with WMMA they will always complain about and for the people who are just fans of the sport in general will be fine.

Can anybody name some 145lb talent from outside the ufc? Do we have any freakish polish/Russian fighters about?

You mean the Titan division with tall cuties...

Sorry i don't find tall women attractive. I am 6 feet and my wife is an even 5 feet. Anything over 5'3" is a pass for me.

Back