International Women working in Antarctica say they were left to fend for themselves against sexual harassers

Maybe, have only women work there next winter and see how it goes. Then only men the following year.

It can be an experiment while conducting experiments.

Last edited:
So much wolf was cried during metoo it's hard to take any of these stories seriously, especially when they're written so dramatically.

Antarctica is an isolated place with slim pickings, I'm sure, and humans will human.TBF I don't doubt that some guys shoot their shot inappropriately sometimes, or step over the line because they've gotten thirsty.

Last edited:
One could argue it's the woman's fault for being there, but different continent hard to judge

Why the emphasis on the word rugged?

Scummy dudes come in all shapes, sizes, interests, and employment fields.

Surely, these guys in question are white collar educated guys that have taken a plethora of HR training in regards to harassment.

Some people are just douches. So, why were they choose for this particular position?
Yeah sorry, ignore the word, you’re right.

I have to say though that it’s much harder to detect white collar guys who hide it better because they always present themselves in a professional manner. Whereas, a lot of blue collar guys don’t care and will say lewd things about women more casually like nothing. They don't care about cultural sensitivity or being sensitive to anything at all.

Last edited:
Trust me ignoring them doesn’t help. The you’re sexist for not talking to them. I got talked to for that in the navy more than once. I watched other guys flirt and play with them then get written up and punished for fraternizing even if the woman started it. As soon as they break up with each other the woman reports the guy for revenge. So I just never talked to them unless forced to and if they joined a group I was in I walked away. If I was getting a captains mast (article 15 to you plebs) I was going to earn it. These guys just kept lining up.
My apprentice is going through this right now. Broke up with his girl that works here and she reported him to HR the next day.

I had a friend who worked for a summer at an Antarctic science station... she said it was basically one big orgy.

Makes you start to see why every successful society in the past adopted the behavior of separating the jobs and activities between the sexes... bad for productivity.

The medical field is supposed to be like that too, not sure if relevant to the thread but wanted to point it out.

The medical field is supposed to be like that too, not sure if relevant to the thread but wanted to point it out.
No more than any other place I’ve worked. However everyone is college educated and has a decent income. Fairly even playing field.

A female mechanic? What does she fix besides sandwiches?

I kid, I kid.....

Back