WME-IMG has to pay $100mill/year just on interest

OneGloveGracie

Double Yellow Card
@Green
Reaction score
I don't think they have as much cash as people may think. They run a very high risk of falling into debt.

If they don't get that Fox deal, this was definitely a terrible investment.

I love these kinds of threads when the Sherdog business savants just come out of the woodwork to give us their analysis

Brilliant, a thread claiming something with no sources whatsoever...

Well I'm sure they’re not all stupid... as much as we like to make fun of them.

They looked at the financials and said this can be done and come out good in the long run.

Last edited:
If they get the kind of tv deal there looking for they will have done well,also they get about half that interest payment just from fight pass a year

I'm an accounting tech and have a BA in finance.

Nice. I actually believe you. I have a B.S. in Finance, though I work in IT. My modest education in finance has taught me that I don't have nearly enough information to assert anything about this UFC deal, but people with no education or analysis whatsoever will confidently tell us why it was a terrible investment.

why do you think they went on massive cost cutting ?

Looking the total though, 4.2 billion, wouldn't 100 million be just less than 2.5% apr? Not terrible, considering the loan amount?

its of course very risky and thats a lot of debt, hence why they are going to aim for a large tv deal and also hopefully get rid of the reebok deal for more lucrative offers and chances of advertising.

Also they're massively cost cutting (which happens in the majority of sales)

Maybe they'll go under and the Fertitas buy it back for a fraction of what they sold it for.

I think WME saw the major growth over the past couple of years and extrapolated that to getting their ROI much sooner. They're also a huge talent agency and from the outset their underlying motive is not to showcase the best fighters, but the best talent that could crossover into entertainment (ie: Ronda, Conor, Paige).

Plus the UFC brand itself puts them ahead as a global brand for the best fighters to flock to.

Back