With Paulo Costa seemingly moving to LHW, who do you want to see him fight next?

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who would you like to see him fight next if he's staying at 205?

- Dominick Reyes
- Oezdemir / Ankalaev loser
- Anthony Smith
- Thiago Santos
- Crute / Hill winner
- Ion Cutelaba
- other

Last edited:
santos, cutelaba, spann

johnny walker would be a strange one

Who would you like to see him fight next if he's staying at 205?

- Dominick Reyes
- Oezdemir / Ankalaev loser
- Anthony Smith
- Thiago Santos
- Crute / Hill winner
- Ion Cutelaba
- other
Cutelaba would be a good one. Anthony Smith would be another but he only wants higher ranked opponents at this stage.

Reyes
Cute
Ion
Oezdemir
Santos
Spann
Anthony Smith

I see him winning some of these but not being as dominant as 185

The winner of Ankalaev/Oezdemir would make a lot of sense since both of those guys have a 75" inch reach and a lot of Costa's apprehension about moving up to LHW seems to be that his reach is only 72"; which would be the shortest reach in the division.

He is ranked #2 at MW right now so the winner of #7/#8 LHW matchup would make a lot of sense and also give the winner of that potentially a Fight Night main event slot to further build their resume for a title eliminator.

Listen, the dude cuts 30lbs at MW. Shows up 215, cuts down to 185. This time he showed up at 222 - due to injury or what have you - and didn't wanna go through the grueling 30lbs cut just to blow it at 192lbs and get penalized anyway, so he provoked Vettori into the LHW shindig. But Costa can still make MW, he can still do his 30lbs cut without any obstacles. In fairness, this is the first time he blew it.

So, yeah, he should move up to LHW for his own health's sake, but I don't think he'll be very competitive there or that he's destined to not ever make MW again, if he tried.

For now, I guess I'd like to see him still at MW and, preferably vs...
Darren Till

Back