With every performance I respect JJ more as a fighter and less as a human being

priderulez

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I just watched the fight second time just to see how close DC came to winning (less close than Gus imo) but I noticed something else.

Throughout the fight JJ remained pretty respectable. Hell, he even went to apologize and shake hands after that eyepoke... I have seen a lot of disrespect in the octagon and that was not it. So I wonder why was that?

The first round was kinda close, the second the third even more so (especially the third which DC clearly won), Cormier only faded significantly in the end of the 4th. So when he was eating uppercuts in the clinch, getting pushed around and chased with shots JJ did respect Cormier after all. Hell, pretty sure he was getting ready to shake hands after the bout had he lost it.

It was only after he saw that DC has faded significantly and saw himself clearly winning that he started his tough act and bullsh*t before and after the end of the fight. Yeah, real tough guy, make sure you get the points and only if/when you do go on and shall your real nature. Class act all the way for the champ.

Whereas Cowboy for instance said he thought Jury was talking too much (yet the grudge came nothing close to the alleged animosity of JJ against DC) yet Cerrone was looking and chasing Myles the whole fight like a mad man, kicked him like a dog in the end was pretty clear what he thought of his opponent throughout the whole thing.

JJ looked nothing like that. Probably there is some merit to why other UFC fighters call him fake after all

Last edited:
you forgot how after the end of one of the rounds he continued to push dc's head away/keep his hand on dc's head up until slightly after the bell, same intimidation tactic used when he came up underneath -rampage i think- and lifted him up and dropped him after the bell. oh and then the whole suck it gesture. yeah, alot of respect in there from jones :rolleyes:

The fight ended with DC hitting the ref, because Jones baited him. I just thought that was really cool.

Lol at cormier winning the third. He himself said that was the round jones took over and he couldn't come back from. Stats show jones winning that round too, as does watching it without trying to find a way to give it to dc.

you forgot how after the end of one of the rounds he continued to push dc's head away/keep his hand on dc's head up until slightly after the bell, same intimidation tactic used when he came up underneath -rampage i think- and lifted him up and dropped him after the bell. oh and then the whole suck it gesture. yeah, alot of respect in there from jones :rolleyes:

Ok, he's a tough guy, wnats to humiliate his opponents (not cool but still he should do it if thats what it takes - look at Diaz for example, doesnt shut up even when he loses badly)

JJ on the other hand showed signs the beef was legit only when he was absolutely sure he won. Shaking hands and whatnot before that...

Anyone who watch the fight again would notice the difference in his behavior

I agree with your thread title statement... But for none of the reasons in your OP.

Jones is a natural heel. If he embraces this personality, I think he would profit even more than he does currently, a la Floyd Mayweather Jr.

I finally have to admit, he is damn good, still a mistake of creation though

Lol at cormier winning the third. He himself said that was the round jones took over and he couldn't come back from. Stats show jones winning that round too, as does watching it without trying to find a way to give it to dc.

JJ won the fight fair and square. As he did against Gus.

Even though I rooted against him in both those fights (and will keep on doing so) I think its pretty obvious he won. He showed heart, technique, stamina, etc, hence the part where I say that the more I see him perform the more I respect him as a fighter.

It is his personality I genuinely dislike

Jones only hit DC at the end because DC forgot his beta role and made eye to eye w/ his Alpha.

Prophet Jones doesn't care about your opinion, TS. Only that you watch.

Keep watching his greatness. Probably a better human being than you as well. Lol

Agreed. My respect for him as a fighter increased. Although he didn't hurt DC or have him in any danger, he completely crushed him. In that cage, he is a giant.

As a person though, he is very small and petty. Something that I find unbecoming of a bad ass champion.

I respect him more as both a fighter and a human being each time he fights. The more he embraces the true douche-bag inside of him the more I appreciate. His true self is being revealed and I dig it.

Prophet Jones doesn't care about your opinion, TS. Only that you watch.

Keep watching his greatness. Probably a better human being than you as well. Lol

Hard to top that DUI or illegally elbowing a deaf guy

I respect him more as both a fighter and a human being each time he fights. The more he embraces the true douche-bag inside of him the more I appreciate. His true self is being revealed and I dig it.

I dig Nick Diaz too.

The guy however would go on cussing and slapping your face even when he clearly loses.

Not only and if he makes sure he's ahead on points.

Shaking hands at one point, playing thug minutes later lol.

it makes him likable the more he becomes a douche bag IMO. i never liked his im a nice guy and i don't know why fans hate me. lol. he should be like this every time cause he know that he is the greatest now and it will gain him tons of fan and money. he cant hide his true self man.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back