Wise comment regarding to UFC 202 on Youtube

Platinum

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
vete38.png

"This sport was SO much better before it went mainstream".

Not sure I agree with that. I like having events every week.

I remember going on Sherdog after Pride events and our only access was copy-pasted photos of the event from Yahoo Japan. No videos, no post fight interviews...fucking pictures....THAT sucked.

So you learned to comment on YouTube? Gratz. Now lesson number two... There's never been an intelligent YouTube comment. Ever. Not even yours.

So you learned to comment on YouTube? Gratz. Now lesson number two... There's never been an intelligent YouTube comment. Ever. Not even yours.
If you say so

1) It was not my comment
2) Wise does not necessarily mean intelligent
3)

salt-05.jpg

Wise comment and YouTube should never be used in the same sentence together.

I'd also add, for people that have trained in the past or understand the sport from watching a lot of fights, there has never been a better time to be a MMA better. McTap's delusional fans have unknowingly paid for a couple of my international trips.

I remember going on Sherdog after Pride events and our only access was copy-pasted photos of the event from Yahoo Japan. No videos, no post fight interviews...fucking pictures....THAT sucked.

I miss spike a lot though. Guess you could argue that as mainstream though

Hmm good point.

I like the comment. I personally think the best UFC period is 2010/2011. Nowdays the sport became really mainstream and we all must be happy about it, but in the same time there's a lot of irrilevant fighters. Plus, fighter like McG/Ronda help the sport to get to another level, but in the same time sometimes looks like a circus.
After all we can not have everything and we will never be happy. Sooooooooooooo.. let it be! it's good enough.

A skinny Vegan with Tequila lingering on his breath, fighting on 11 days notice (2 days dedicated to training), chokes out another fighter on a 15 fight win streak, 14 of which were by KO.

The poster is right. Diaz won't run through McGregor. He'll walk through him.

Don't you love the "I was a fan before" comments. Who cares?

Dudes got a point. When I signed up around here (no talk of Conor v Nate at the time Conor was still in FW div) I saw shit about Nate, no threads nothing. Now his whole fan base has suddenly arrived. Guess people in the 209 can afford computers now lmao.

Wise comment on youtube?

820786803.gif

The only negative thing about Conor is the jealousy and hatred he brings out in people, everyone will miss him when he's gone, whether they are willing to admit it or not.

He's as legit a real fighter as they come.

Anyone whose viewpoint of the sport hinges on the comments of 'mainstream fans' rather than the frequency and quality of events and representation of skill of the fighters is a moron in the first place.

I used to have to wait for the events to be distributed on VHS and turn up in my local video store to watch them on my own because none of my friends knew or cared about MMA. Now I can go down to the pub and watch them live on a Sunday surrounded by friends and fellow fans.

What kind of fan gets upset that the sport they love is growing? FFS.

Fighters are better now on average, but at the same time you can't have 600 fighters on the roster instead of 200 and expect the same quality. Most UFC fighters today don't really belong on that big of a stage, but are regional fighters that made the roster because of UFC's expansion plans. This hurts the overall quality of cards.

Back