• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

winning lace up 10oz official pro fight gloves

SkribbLe

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This is a review on the winning ms-300's based on a 10 point scoring system. (*PICS COMING SOON*)

Looks- 8.5/10. They look great but they do have artificial leather, meaning they sort've crust up easier then my cow hide reyes. Great logo. Not missing a stitch.

Feel- 8/10. These are the most comfortable gloves I've ever worn, you don't feel your knuckles on the bag, they are nice and light but these gloves being artificial leather means they don't breathe well at all. Leather breaths naturally, this man made material does not. Making your hand sweat more than usual, and making your hand wraps a little more tighter than usual, now I leave my hand wraps a little a little looser than normal.

Quality- 9.5-10. These gloves have been going strong for 3 or 4 years now with PacMan doing heavy bag work, so quality should be amazing. The laces look to be good quality and the foam is very very soft.

Thumb placement- 10-10. The thumb on this glove is superb. It felt a little tight on me at first but now it feels great and natural. Maybe even the best thumb placement ever on a glove.

*additional information*

-very soft
-one of the best fits
-great pop on the mitts and heavybag
-amazing thumb placement even though at the beginning it was a little tight
-they hardly breathe
-might wanna try leaving the hand wraps just a bit looser
-beautiful color
-dries overnight
-grip hose bar is exactly where it should be.

Overall these gloves are personally an 9/10.

Nice review. Looking forward to the pics. Which color did you get?

Btw I'm pretty sure Winning uses real leather for their gloves.

Thanks! Got them blue. In my opinion, it looks more than good. And I'm absolutely 100% sure its not natural leather. You can smell and feel the difference compared to my cleto reyes

Thanks! Got them blue. In my opinion, it looks more than good. And I'm absolutely 100% sure its not natural leather. You can smell and feel the difference compared to my cleto reyes

My Velcro Winnings are real Leather so your professional fight gloves are real leather too. If not, they wouldn`t last a few years on Pacmans hands.

I have the FG 2900 here too, with artifical leather. You see, smell an feel the difference there between them and the gloves.

My Velcro Winnings are real Leather so your professional fight gloves are real leather too. If not, they wouldn`t last a few years on Pacmans hands.

I have the FG 2900 here too, with artifical leather. You see, smell an feel the difference there between them and the gloves.

On their website it says they are leather, but these gloves just don't have the smell. The feel. Or the breathability, they may be real leather but something is fishy about them.

You act like there's just one leather on this planet. Winning uses different leather, of course it's leather and it's different from what Reyes or any other company uses, which is why the leather lasts so long.

You act like there's just one leather on this planet. Winning uses different leather, of course it's leather and it's different from what Reyes or any other company uses, which is why the leather lasts so long.

To my understanding, there are only 4 types of leather, patent leather, aniline leather, Semi-aniline leather and finished leather.

Identifying Types of Leather - YouTube

If you watch this video, it will clearly show you what type of leather you have.

The finished leather is the one used on Winning, Reyes, Grant and other high end manufacture's.They are all finished leather.

To my understanding, there are only 4 types of leather, patent leather, aniline leather, Semi-aniline leather and finished leather.

Identifying Types of Leather - YouTube

If you watch this video, it will clearly show you what type of leather you have.

The finished leather is the one used on Winning, Reyes, Grant and other high end manufacture's.They are all finished leather.

That's just scratching the surface. There's so many steps and directions one can take in the leather making process.

Leather - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Still looking forward to seeing those pics. :wink:

Exactly. I hope you don't think every steak tastes the same just because it comes from an animal and it's called "steak". :wink:

Alright I got some beautiful pictures, can't wait to get my hands on a computer and upload them

I thought Reyes used goat leather? in which case it would be an entirely different animal....

I thought Reyes used goat leather? in which case it would be an entirely different animal....

Actually, you might be right. Inside the Reyes glove it says manufactured in goatskin and/or head leather.

I've been avoiding getting winning gloves for a while but looking at ur pics im gonna have to dig deep in my pockets and get me a pair.

I've been avoiding getting winning gloves for a while but looking at ur pics im gonna have to dig deep in my pockets and get me a pair.

I couldn't recommend winning enough. If your going to buy a 8oz or 10oz fight glove I recomend a bigger sized handwrap then usual. But I do use 310" handwraps, so the glove fit snug. I use 3 Le Roy hand wraps on each hand they are around 310" and for the fight I belive its 360".

What size were yours? And did you have any other winning gear? I'm getting the fg-2900 headgear soon.

I had 14oz. and the fg-2900 in yellow. Sold the 14oz. and used the 2900 to make a pattern. I have the fg-5000 in red.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back