Winning headgear sizing help!

shamuk

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I found some Winning FG-2900 headgear on Rakuten at a decent price to delivery to UK.

The biggest they go is size Large. Now going by the Winning USA size chart this should fit, there size large fitting say's: 22.5 - 24.5 inch / 57 - 62 cm.

Now my head is 24 inch / 61cm. So in theory this should fit? Ideally I would rather the 2-Large size, but would mean paying a lot more.

So how does the FG-2900 fit, do people usually go for a bigger or smaller size?

I really appreciate the help, thanks!

By the way Im 6'1" and 250lbs. Got around 30lbs of fat to lose.

If you have a narrow face, get large. If you have a more rounded face get 2L. Although if you're losing weight, you might fit into a large.

Did anyone email Steve and confirm they can't sell 2L?

Im more rounded face, so would rather a 2L.

Who is Steve? How can I contact him?

Cheers!

Thanks SkribbLe!

I take it I can email them in English?

Yes Steve Mitani speaks english.

If you shop Rakuten and want anything above L, it will have to be a custom order (you can pick different colors) and a little more expensive, $6 more in this case. If you just want the stock colors and faster shipment, order from Winning USA directly.

Rakuten FG2900 Custom

If I want to order headgear what size should I order? I measured my head across the eyebrows and it's 24 inches/60 centimeters. I'm also 5'10" and 230 lbs. Should I order L or LL? I'm use to American sizing and I usually order an XL.

If I want to order headgear what size should I order? I measured my head across the eyebrows and it's 24 inches/60 centimeters. I'm also 5'10" and 230 lbs. Should I order L or LL? I'm use to American sizing and I usually order an XL.

Both will be fine. Depends on what do you prefer. L will be tighter (personally I prefer it). I am 6" and 58-59cm btw and M FG-5000 fits me fine.

Fantastic red Winning gloves btw!

Last edited:
My head is 59cm and my FG-2900 is too small for my taste. Never used it for that reason. Look at my "signature" if interested.

Back