Winning CM-50 or Ringside Heritage Mitts?

MAS4T0

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Which would you go for, Winning CM-50 (air mitts) or Ringside Heritage Panther Mitts to catch for heavyweights?

I'm in England and these work out at about the same price shipped. If you've used both, I'd really appreciate your thoughts. If anyone has used the CM-50s or the Heritage mitts long term, how have they held up?

Thanks.

Last edited:
have used the heritage, have not used the cm-50s. the heritage are huge.

air mitts are a bit unwieldy, and holdig mitts for heavies, bigger does not equal better. abel has some good tips for catching ggg's punches, basically the technique involves sort of redirecting the punches down, like you're sliding over the top of the punch coming in.

If money isn't an object, and without having tried them, i would rather go with Winning's panther mitt with finger cover. i've not tried but being that most mitts are synthetic and not leather, even hayabusa's seem okay but definitely wont last as long, with the partial mesh/other synthetic builds.

Thank you. I agree that a big mitt isn't needed, just a well padded one.

I was looking at the Winning Panther style mitts (CM-65), but I'm not sure how much protection they offer. The pad is about double the thickness of the panther mitts I'm currently using so they might be a good choice.

I haven't been able to find any reviews on them or on the shock absorption of the pad so I've been hesitant.

Thanks also for the heads up on the size of the Heritage Mitts!

I just checked dimensions and found 11" x 14". Does that sound about right?

If that's accurate, they're bigger than a set of Thai Pads!

Last edited:
The heritage are huge. Somewhere in this forum, may have been deleted, i think i posted some comparison photos with the heritage mitts and the ringside holy grails, the ultimate classic panther mitts.

I have seen and felt the Winning mitts. Pretty light, quality, but i have no idea in terms of durabilty and protection. The price is so steep... but ive seen leather options deteriorate.

another option if you arent too big on what is being offered is sergio garibay. His contact info is out there, but pm me if you cant find. Ive met and have felt sergio’s stuff. He is a true craftsman. I have also seen what happens to Sergio's equipment when not cared for.

Sergio Garibay's designs have been taken by others, namely overseas manufacturers. He's an innovator as well, and can probably literally make anything your heart desires.

Freddie still uses Sergio's custom body protectors to my knowledge. However, winning made Freddie custom mitts, and they have teams that can do this whereas Sergio is one man. I think I heard somewhere, may be wrong, that Freddie uses winning because now, he needed a lighter mitt.

Thank you. That really gives some perspective on their size.

If you still haven't made a decision I would just go with Rival. They have a variety of different types of mitts and a UK site as well.

Back