Winkeljohn: "Cowboy is not loyal to anybody in the gym. He's as narcissistic as they come."

Jackson Wink can't talk about loyalty when they threw away their OG in Rashad for the shiny new juicy boi Jones

Can't really blame them for that one. Rashad gets injured, Jones becomes champ. Then Rashad decides he wants to fight Jones. I don't think any gym would give up the title for another fighter. Especially when Jones was there full time and Rashad was already working with other gyms.

Yes really. This was Jon Jones before well..before what we know of him today. He had a fake act going on. Pretended to be a good christian boy, as he put it.
He crashed the Bentley, while drunk, with two women who weren't his fiance, literally one month after that interview <Lmaoo>.

“Literally at the new gym, bums come in off the street — I swear to God — and will come in and put stuff on and fight. That’s a true story. Random bums off the street. That would never happen back in the day.”

Did Cerrone just attack Platinum nation???

“Literally at the new gym, bums come in off the street — I swear to God — and will come in and put stuff on and fight. That’s a true story. Random bums off the street. That would never happen back in the day.”

Did Cerrone just attack Platinum nation???

no- I think he literally means that there are random people that come in, pay the monthly fee, and train with high-level UFC fighters because the gym values that revenue stream over fighter careers.

Mike Winklejohn and Phil Jackson be like....

giphy.gif

Agreed.

But then why is it okay for Cowboy yet 90% of Sherdog turned on TJ when he left Alpha Male?

I was behind TJ all the way. TAM were riding his coattails after Ludwig greatly improved his striking.

Can you not see the difference? lol. I am all for being loyal to yourself and moving whenever you want. However, I see why people would hate on TJ. Faber got TJ to try MMA. Faber helped get him his start and put him on the path to success. Mix in the fact that TJ was an asshole who hurt people in training and even ruined a career and you have a villain in many people's eyes.

Umm... fighters aren't paying to show up to the gym and train other fighters. They're paying so they can be trained. Thanks, JohnWinkle.
A team helps each other though, right?

Yes.

If I had posted the same comment in the OP, I would've gotten a fraction of the likes, and since Sherdog likes are the next Bitcoin, I'm mining as much as I can.

Well at least you admit to it. Carry on then

Last edited:
I don't really see what the big controversy is. Honestly, both sides have a point. The gym structure has changed. Greg Jackson is not there as much and left most of it to Wink. Wink has a different style and a different business plan for the gym. Cerrone didn't like that, and started the ranch and doing his own thing. He's rarely at the gym anymore because he openly says he does not like the way it's being ran.

Wasn't it inevitable that they needed to sever ties? Cerrone isn't in the wrong for doing what he did and Wink/Jackson really isn't in the wrong either. It seems both were going in different directions.

Can't really blame them for that one. Rashad gets injured, Jones becomes champ. Then Rashad decides he wants to fight Jones. I don't think any gym would give up the title for another fighter. Especially when Jones was there full time and Rashad was already working with other gyms.
But that's not what happened.

Can you not see the difference? lol. I am all for being loyal to yourself and moving whenever you want. However, I see why people would hate on TJ. Faber got TJ to try MMA. Faber helped get him his start and put him on the path to success. Mix in the fact that TJ was an asshole who hurt people in training and even ruined a career and you have a villain in many people's eyes.

TAM: TJ was out of control. A bully. Knocked people out in training.

Cody Garbrandt: I knocked you out in training, bruh!

Sherdog: omg Cody is such a badass he knocked TJ out in training!

Last edited:
Back