Wing Chun Structure in Pummel Drill

Chinaboxer

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
thought i would share this. it may not be for everyone, but hopefully you give it a try and have fun with it!

[YT]watch?v=KNbIxaSBNik&app=desktop[/YT]

I'm curious if his defensive wrestling and posture is really that strong that he doesn't need a deep underhook or a wizzer. Are there any videos of him going live? It is natural for people from one art to look for a way to not have to engage in their favorite way, like a wrestler clinching a boxer. Here we have a WC guy showing that he can neutralize the under and overhooks and wrestle without going for conventional positions. Is it true?

Why do people insist on trying to find ways to apply irrelevant pursuits of theirs to completely unrelated stuff?

Next episode: How maintaining the Wing Chun pigeon toed stance under the piano will improve your playing of Mozart.

Why do people insist on trying to find ways to apply irrelevant pursuits of theirs to completely unrelated stuff?

Remembering back a few years ago now where it seemed like every 'master' was 'uncovering' the Wing Chun ground-fighting forms 'hidden' in their art... I am going to say that we're nowhere close to that dying off.

I'm curious if his defensive wrestling and posture is really that strong that he doesn't need a deep underhook or a wizzer. Are there any videos of him going live? It is natural for people from one art to look for a way to not have to engage in their favorite way, like a wrestler clinching a boxer. Here we have a WC guy showing that he can neutralize the under and overhooks and wrestle without going for conventional positions. Is it true?
i will ask to get some filming with some grapplers this weekend. I realize that it's not for everyone.

can't we just put Wing Chun with the other "artsy" martial arts like aikido and kung fu instead of trying to force them to go with the actual effective fighting systems like BJJ and Thai Boxing. Its like a toddler trying to cram a triangle into a circle slot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back