Wing Chun Structure in Pummel Drill

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Chinaboxer, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Chinaboxer

Chinaboxer Blue Belt

thought i would share this. it may not be for everyone, but hopefully you give it a try and have fun with it!

[YT]watch?v=KNbIxaSBNik&app=desktop[/YT]

2. SummerStriker

SummerStriker Black Belt

I'm curious if his defensive wrestling and posture is really that strong that he doesn't need a deep underhook or a wizzer. Are there any videos of him going live? It is natural for people from one art to look for a way to not have to engage in their favorite way, like a wrestler clinching a boxer. Here we have a WC guy showing that he can neutralize the under and overhooks and wrestle without going for conventional positions. Is it true?

3. RTD1

RTD1 Blue Belt

Why do people insist on trying to find ways to apply irrelevant pursuits of theirs to completely unrelated stuff?

Next episode: How maintaining the Wing Chun pigeon toed stance under the piano will improve your playing of Mozart.

4. Ayin

Ayin Black Belt

Remembering back a few years ago now where it seemed like every 'master' was 'uncovering' the Wing Chun ground-fighting forms 'hidden' in their art... I am going to say that we're nowhere close to that dying off.

5. Chinaboxer

Chinaboxer Blue Belt

i will ask to get some filming with some grapplers this weekend. I realize that it's not for everyone.

6. snakeybizz

snakeybizz Purple Belt

can't we just put Wing Chun with the other "artsy" martial arts like aikido and kung fu instead of trying to force them to go with the actual effective fighting systems like BJJ and Thai Boxing. Its like a toddler trying to cram a triangle into a circle slot