Wineland may retire?

For most part a typical firefighter isn't risking injury on a daily basis. Sounds like this broken jaw for a second time really has him down and is going to effect his "day" job also.
Wonder if his wife is his ear too telling him to hang up the gloves.

If he's got another job that he can make money from and he's already got retirement thoughts in his mind then I think he should hang 'em up. No reason to risk yourself in so many ways when you're just not feeling it any more.

He had a chance to grab the belt and fell short . His style earned many fans even with his last few fights being less than what could be hoped for. I wish Wineland the best. Maybe he'll fight once more to leave on a W

Maybe he should just start fighting with his hands up so he gets hit in the jaw less.......He ain't retiring. He's just depressed because he lost to a nobody. He'll be back to prove himself for sure.

Hope he doesn't retire, has alot of fight left in him

Good for him. He's one of the fighters that's at a level where the pay he generates doesn't match up with the risk of fighting.

I hope not he's one of my favorite bantamweights right now. Always entertaining

Given the number of years Wineland has been training MMA and given the fact that he still fights with - literally - his hands down and his chin up, I would say retirement is a more than valid option.

Dude has got to stop standing straight up and leaving his hands low. He is very fun to watch, I always root for him but he needs to work on posturing better to avoid getting finished

His hands are low to bait strikers to come after him or wrestlers to stand with him.

He better not. He was beating Barao until the kick came. L

Wonder if his wife is his ear too telling him to hang up the gloves.

tumblr_m2ejlw22J11r3ty02o1_500.gif

Lol @ a title challenger needing to/being able to have a full time blue collar job and still compete for the title.

Superbowl of combat sports for sure.

i hope what ever decision he makes hes happy with i have a shit ton of respect for guys and gals working full time jobs while they fight especially at his level

He's just taking a look at the man in the mirror.

Lol @ a title challenger needing to/being able to have a full time blue collar job and still compete for the title.

This, it's shameful. A guy with that many fights in the UFC\WEC, ex WEC champion, title challanger... gets paid what 15+15.. fuck that

citizen-kane-clapping.jpg

Nailed it

But but but dat back door locker room bonuses. What a bunch of BS

Feel sorry for Eddie, hope he makes the decision that is actually good for him and his financial state

Back