Windy Thai Pads

They look like a good deal,no idea on quality and they seem thin but probably do the job.Should be quite lightweight I would think as they seem 1/2 thickness of a full thai pad.

Never used those particular ones, but the upside to mini-Thai pads is they're more mobile than normal Thai pads due to the smaller dimensions and lighter weight, making them better for working fast kick/punch combinations. You can almost use them like long focus mitts. The downside is unless your holder is a tough motherfu*ker, you won't be able to throw full power kicks without his arms taking a beating due to the thinner padding.

Ah damn, the guy I was thinking of having hold for has never done any martial arts let alone take a kick and he's built like a stick. Unless I go Faber on it and tie it to a tree or something I don't think that one is for me lol

Any recommendations for some nice mits for punching and other strikes and a shield? What I'm going for is just to practice with a buddy or someone interested to keep working on my standup game. I hate being idle with martial arts, as long as I'm practicing to keep from being completely rusty I'm happy. Something where I could clinch up and throw knees too would be cool, usually whenever I've done it it's been with focus mits and just placed one over the other in front of you

Ah damn, the guy I was thinking of having hold for has never done any martial arts let alone take a kick and he's built like a stick. Unless I go Faber on it and tie it to a tree or something I don't think that one is for me lol

Any recommendations for some nice mits for punching and other strikes and a shield? What I'm going for is just to practice with a buddy or someone interested to keep working on my standup game. I hate being idle with martial arts, as long as I'm practicing to keep from being completely rusty I'm happy. Something where I could clinch up and throw knees too would be cool, usually whenever I've done it it's been with focus mits and just placed one over the other in front of you

For focus mitts I recommend the title incrediball focus mitts, they are quite comfortable and very durable and not very expensive.

TITLE Incredi-Ball Punch Mitts from Title Boxing

I use a title shield for kicking and using knees in the clinch, I am not super happy with it but it is fairly cheap for a shield and gets the job done well.

TITLE Punch and Body Shield from Title Boxing

Thai pads are great for working punches, kicks and knees all at once. I'm using a pair of twins thai pads that I am not really impressed with. They get the job done and are holding up okay but Im sure there is better deals and brands out there that someone can hopefully help you out with.

I have a pair of the throwdown contoured ones. They're fantastic for the same price, you get more padding, more stability. Contoured pads are easier on the holder stability wise, and the curve forces your punches that don't hit their mark perfectly to glance off, so it does wonders for your accuracy.

Back