Windy Sparring Gloves

They look good. 70 bucks for sparring gloves is a good deal, and Windy is a good, trust-worthy brand.

Check out this thread, which I found easily with the search function (heh, I love to use it) for an earlier discussion on these gloves:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/windy-safety-training-gloves-790467/?highlight=windy

Thanks "crossdx", the search function does come in handy. After looking at this other thread and the gloves I do think they are using elastic on the cuff - so that is a no for me. Are the Windy Hook and Loop Training Gloves in 16 oz soft enough for sparring? I've got a couple pairs of gloves for bag and pad work but I need a new pair specifically for sparring. I've looked into Fairtex and I do like them but would rather save some money if I can and go with Windy's.

I've tried Windy training gloves, and the padding seems soft enough for sparring. I've heard some mixed opinions on that from other people, but personally I think their padding is fine.

Maybe you can email Combat Sports and ask if those Windy Safety training gloves are elastic cuff or not? I'm curious about that myself, and if they're the regular non-elastic hook-and-loop, then they'd be a good choice for sparring gloves.

Windy Training gloves are fine for sparring. I have a pair and I've never had complaints. Then again, our Muay Thai gym has a bit of a Darwinist approach to training.

Anyways, the training gloves are fin.e

Gloves are great, but I find good comfy gloves for half the price of fairtex and windy.

It's like Nike, you can find the none knock off equal to them for a hell of a lot less.

I've tried Windy training gloves, and the padding seems soft enough for sparring. I've heard some mixed opinions on that from other people, but personally I think their padding is fine.

Maybe you can email Combat Sports and ask if those Windy Safety training gloves are elastic cuff or not? I'm curious about that myself, and if they're the regular non-elastic hook-and-loop, then they'd be a good choice for sparring gloves.

Crossdx - I just talked to CSI and both Windy gloves (the training and the sparring gloves) do NOT have elastic, just leather. Also, I asked the difference between the two and he said the TG5 actually has more padding than the "safety training gloves", and a shorter wrist for Muay Thai. So it sounds like the TG5 would be perfect for sparring in Muay Thai.

Crossdx - I just talked to CSI and both Windy gloves (the training and the sparring gloves) do NOT have elastic, just leather.

Well, that was quick. Nice customer service response time. I say get the $70 sparring gloves. They seem the better deal if you're only after sparring gloves. You won't be crosstraining with them on the bad/pads. right? If not, go for them.

Crossdx - I just talked to CSI and both Windy gloves (the training and the sparring gloves) do NOT have elastic, just leather. Also, I asked the difference between the two and he said the TG5 actually has more padding than the "safety training gloves", and a shorter wrist for Muay Thai. So it sounds like the TG5 would be perfect for sparring in Muay Thai.

They are elastic and leather. They also have the thumb seam, which I feel is a poor design.

tg21_detail.jpg

That's what I thought when looking at the pics, but I wasn't a hundred % sure so I was giving them the benefit of doubt. So the rep was lying about them not having elastic? The confusion continues...

After seeing that enormous picture - yes I would have to say that CSI was flat out lying to me on the phone. There is no doubt in my mind that there is elastic on the cuff in that pic. I'm going to go with the Thai style Training gloves, I won't ever use them on the bag or mitts so I figure the padding should do fine.

Thanks for all the replies.

Thumb seam FTL get the Windy Training gloves, I can vouch for those; they're quality gloves. The CSI gloves look good too I guess.

Just get Ringside safety training gloves and call it good.

Your sparring partners will thank you.

I have these Windy gloves. Got them from CSI for $50 a few months ago(introductory price). They are pretty good gloves, I use them for sparring and mitt work. The cuff IS elastic with a leather end to allow for a solid velcro attatchment. Good wrist support, and very comfortable. I would buy them again, even with the $20 increase.

You may want to look at mmajoes. They have the Windy TG-30 and I love them. They are less than those as well.

You may want to look at mmajoes. They have the Windy TG-30 and I love them. They are less than those as well.

They are in fact TG-5. Just got a pair delivered today.

Oh. That's too bad. I don't have experience with those. I love the TG-30 that I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back