Windows 7 question

Lead

/Led/ blanket
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I put hooked my computer up to a widescreen tv with a VGA cable but for some reason it has the display slightly to the left, cutting off the start bar and some icons.

I would be grateful if anyone knew how to move the screen to the right. I looked around for the option and googled it but can't find anything.

I'd use an HDMI cable but I got my laptop right before they became standard.

i would start with the settings on your tv. i bet that is the source of your problem.

also, that is amazing that you

i would start with the settings on your tv. i bet that is the source of your problem.

The shows play with the full screen used but with the laptop hookup, its leaving the right side blank partially.

The annoying this is I found how to rotate the screen and how to adjust the size both horizontally and vertically yet there is still no option to move it left or right. I remember older computers having an easy way to do that.

The shows play with the full screen used but with the laptop hookup, its leaving the right side blank partially.

The annoying this is I found how to rotate the screen and how to adjust the size both horizontally and vertically yet there is still no option to move it left or right. I remember older computers having an easy way to do that.

just like everything else with computers, i bet it will turn out to be an easy fix and you will end up scratching your head wondering why you didn

just like everything else with computers, i bet it will turn out to be an easy fix and you will end up scratching your head wondering why you didn

Have you taken a look at your display settings on the computer to see about a separate setting for the TV? I assume you have it set to mirror? (so the display on tv matches what you see on laptop). Click on the display marked 2 under your settings (assuming your computer is still your primary 'monitor') and see if it gives you resolution options (Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution)

you might have to lower the res from the PC or change settings on the TV. on my moms tv have to change tv to PC input or something. on my tv i actually have to select slightly lower res to get full screen...

try right clicking on your desktop, open personalize, open display, change display settings, change until you get what you want
edit: what sideboob said

First thing is mess with your resolution settings. Also, try changing the aspect ratio on the TV for that input. If none of that works, find out what kind of video card you have. Download the full software suite for that card and install it. Often times, just having the driver limits the card's options, but the full software will make more of them available.

auto adjustment on your TV.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back