wilson reis is the most explosive bjj guy , ever

vern_Fonk

Orange Belt
Reaction score
has anyone seen his matches? his hip mobility, explosiveness and cardio are insane. everything he does is so lightning fast + technical. i would have gassed within the first 15 seconds if i were him, but the dude is just incredible. i think he may be the most explosive guy in bjj currently.

What was that one black Judoka who got into bjj.. i cant remember his name.
black belt in buth bjj, and judo.. but was high level Judo guy for awhile, before getting into bjj.

Guy was an absolute monster and started doing MMA - i know somone posted a highlight of him awhile ago.. AHH i wish i could remember his name. Really strong - shredded up guy.

Wilson is a freak of nature. I reffed a match between him and Formiga a while back and he went balls out for 10 minutes. It was insane, he might have the best cardio that I have seen in bjj. He is also unbelievably fast and technical.

What about Rhadi Ferguson? Based on that guys takedowns, I assume that he could flip over a bus.

Yeah Wilson is the fuckin man. Met him in Cali for Mundials since we stayed in same hotel and we stay in touch ever since. I'm gonna visit him in philly just to see what he does taht makes him have such explosiveness.

Rhadi is very powerful and explosive, but wilson is lighting quick with the same explosiveness imo.

Wilson is one of my favorite people to watch.

He has a great deep half guard game.

Shinya Aoki is both a BB in judo and BJJ, and hes pretty damn good at mma considering hes considered one of the top 10 155lbers

Shinya Aoki is both a BB in judo and BJJ, and hes pretty damn good at mma considering hes considered one of the top 10 155lbers

shinya aoki may be a BB, but is not a BBB, unlike most of the others named in this thread.

has anyone seen his matches? his hip mobility, explosiveness and cardio are insane. everything he does is so lightning fast + technical. i would have gassed within the first 15 seconds if i were him, but the dude is just incredible. i think he may be the most explosive guy in bjj currently.

If he got matched up against Todd, his explosion would die via death grip.

Rhadi is very powerful and explosive, but wilson is lighting quick with the same explosiveness imo.

Only Rhadi would eat Wilson in a sandwich, Wilson's a little dude and Rhadi is hyooge.

if so, were was he at the pan-ams???warming up for another ''local''1000$ competition???ttt

Not sure if Wilson was there or not, but he does very well against everyone. Here is a match that I was lucky enough to ref of his vs Formiga one of the best guards out there.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XrBmjS0fPLs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XrBmjS0fPLs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I vaguely remember someone talking about this Wilson guy. When I heard about him, it was in referrence to him being in a competition a while ago and people being pissed off that he was competing in the blue belt division.

I think I may be thinking of a different guy, but it was quite some time ago that I heard about him and never heard of him since.

if so, were was he at the pan-ams???warming up for another ''local''1000$ competition???ttt

Wilson didn't compete at the Pan Ams, because he was supposed to be fighting on the Elite XC card last week. There was some problem with paperwork or medicals or something though, and his fight was postponed.

Wilson is incredibly nice, always willing to share his techniques, and is developing a respectable MMA record, too. I think he's 2-0 or 3-0 in MMA now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back