Will Zuffa ever go public?

jiujitsuforever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you guys/gales think it will ever go public? If so i feel it would certainly raise the question of fighter pay to another level and could create some debates. The UFC isnt a monopoly or even close to one, but would you consider investing in it? Personally as an investor i dont think it would be wise due to the changing landscape of mma and it being difficult to predict when it rises or falls. 2009 was an amazing year, and now the ufc is lucky to get 350k buys on a ppv (which i understand is good in todays standards considering ppv's should be slowly taken out of mma). I think if the ufc eventually stops ppvs, markets better, and become public, it would be the best decision for them.

Thoughts?

I think they will, but, not until they stabilize their product and get it to where they would feel comfortable having others invest.

They could've gone public around 2009.

after the last UFC event sales I would have to pass on investing

I would have considered investing it some time ago. Mma has seemed to of peaked now. It definitely would raise the bar for fighter pay as it would have to be disclosed. I think the latter is the sole reason it never will be. I think the upper echelon of pay as it is now is fair, lower down the band, not so much. I wouldn't like it going the same way as boxing though, 40 million for the mayweather is ridiculous there is no money for anyone else to be made there.

The Fertita's and Dana have absolutely no interest in going public. As long as they own Zuffa, that company will not go public. Yeah, they can probably raise a boat load of capital, but at the same time, their books needs to be opened to the public, financial statements auditied, etc.

The Fertita's and Dana have absolutely no interest in going public. As long as they own Zuffa, that company will not go public. Yeah, they can probably raise a boat load of capital, but at the same time, their books needs to be opened to the public, financial statements auditied, etc.

yea, it would be a ton of work and it would probably upset a lot of people once they see fighter pay compared to how much profit they make, but I do think if they had investors they would advertise and market and expand much more rapidly

There is no way 99% of you are qualified to talk about this....what a joke of a thread

There is no way 99% of you are qualified to talk about this....what a joke of a thread

i can't just raise a question? I'm by no means an economics major or financial adviser (i work in insurance), but i still think its fun to talk about, especially those that have stock.

I hope so, so that shareholders can finally kick Dana out

Yeah sure, and I hear they want to make all the fighters part owners giving them shares and have them vote at the AGM

i can't just raise a question? I'm by no means an economics major or financial adviser (i work in insurance), but i still think its fun to talk about, especially those that have stock.

You can...but considering most fans here can't grasp simple business concepts I have no clue what you were hoping to accomplish.

You can...but considering most fans here can't grasp simple business concepts I have no clue what you were hoping to accomplish.

lol well i was HOPING to draw in some people that know somewhat about investing...but your right, i have to much faith in the sherdogs

They will be looking to sell the UFC within the next few years. They are totally posturing for selling.

Back