Will you be buying EA UFC 2?

Are you purchasing EA UFC 2?

• Total voters
Depends what the career mode is like. The last one was weak and repetitive.

Still don't get why they aren't making a ne Fight Night instead. I'd have thought that had the potential for bigger numbers, as a lot of MMA fans would play it too.

So far Germaine DeRandamie #15 in UFC is a better fighter in this game (STU 88,CLN 86) than Jessica Eye #7!! in UFC (STU 87,CLN 81) LOL The majority of faces and stats are unrealistic.They had plenty of time to make a decent game but they didn't.Faces and stats define the core in every game showing the programmers work and passion behind it.The in-depth approach is missing here unfortunately for the thousand fans who want to play with their fav fighter online/offline.Every gamer will end up playing in the online modes with 3,4 fighters who have the very best stats so far just like in UFC 1.There is no motive to play with your fav fighter in online modes who his/her OVR is 85 for example and the delusional stats make it even worse this year

So far Germaine DeRandamie #15 in UFC is a better fighter in this game (STU 88,CLN 86) than Jessica Eye #7!! in UFC (STU 87,CLN 81) LOL The majority of faces and stats are unrealistic.They had plenty of time to make a decent game but they didn't.Faces and stats define the core in every game showing the programmers work and passion behind it.The in-depth approach is missing here unfortunately for the thousand fans who want to play with their fav fighter online/offline.Every gamer will end up playing in the online modes with 3,4 fighters who have the very best stats so far just like in UFC 1.There is no motive to play with your fav fighter in online modes who his/her OVR is 85 for example and the delusional stats make it even worse this year
^ I noticed you posted that on the EA boards too. So I'll raise the question, do you feel that Jessica Eye is a more accomplished striker than Germaine DeRandamie, who has some good striking credentials?

Don't you think the game would turn to utter shit if we are going to hand out ratings based on the biased POS that is UFCRankings? That it would probably be a better idea to approach the fighters as individuals, rather than look at their UFC Ranking? See how they stack up in the division in terms of skill, instead of their ranking?

I agree some guys look off. But you don't list the ones that look good right? The attention goes out to the ones that don't. Nobody is going to say, damn, Overeem and Jon Jones look pretty solid. No, the interesting point of discussion is going to be how shitty Rose Namajunas looks. And I get that, but some credit is deserved too.

Also, you are saying that "every gamer will end up playing in the online modes with 3,4 fighters who have the very best stats" but your actual complaint was that Germaine has higher stats than a #7 ranked fighter. Don't you see the irony there, that your suggestion of a ranking based approach actually contributes to making fighters useless?

And to close things off, there is a motive to use lower ranked fighters, its called Featured Fighter. You get more points for using a lower tiered, featured fighter. Is this going to be enough to stop the majority of players from using the Top 10 fighters? Probably not. But atleast they tried something. I still think that, without invisible matchmaking, many players will have the decency to pick a lower rated fighter, as long as you do too.

Tldr: wall of text, but a longer reply is warranted here.

https://www.easports.com/ufc/fighte...social&cid=1958&ts=1456506318950&sf44786323=1

There's the roster. Do some look like shit? Hell yeah they do. But the majority looks pretty fucking good to me. And that's in a still-shot. When they did these shots for EA UFC 1 fighters, they ALL looked bad in it.

I mean, fuck, GdR has a 37-0 Kickboxing record. And you are campaigning for Jessica Eye to be a more accomplished striker in this game. Because UFCRankings.com has her on #7. If she breaks her foot tomorrow and can't fight for 10 months, she'll won't even be on the damn website anymore.

No Xbox One folks about?

^ I noticed you posted that on the EA boards too. So I'll raise the question, do you feel that Jessica Eye is a more accomplished striker than Germaine DeRandamie, who has some good striking credentials?

Don't you think the game would turn to utter shit if we are going to hand out ratings based on the biased POS that is UFCRankings? That it would probably be a better idea to approach the fighters as individuals, rather than look at their UFC Ranking? See how they stack up in the division in terms of skill, instead of their ranking?

I agree some guys look off. But you don't list the ones that look good right? The attention goes out to the ones that don't. Nobody is going to say, damn, Overeem and Jon Jones look pretty solid. No, the interesting point of discussion is going to be how shitty Rose Namajunas looks. And I get that, but some credit is deserved too.

Also, you are saying that "every gamer will end up playing in the online modes with 3,4 fighters who have the very best stats" but your actual complaint was that Germaine has higher stats than a #7 ranked fighter. Don't you see the irony there, that your suggestion of a ranking based approach actually contributes to making fighters useless?

And to close things off, there is a motive to use lower ranked fighters, its called Featured Fighter. You get more points for using a lower tiered, featured fighter. Is this going to be enough to stop the majority of players from using the Top 10 fighters? Probably not. But atleast they tried something. I still think that, without invisible matchmaking, many players will have the decency to pick a lower rated fighter, as long as you do too.

Tldr: wall of text, but a longer reply is warranted here.

https://www.easports.com/ufc/fighte...social&cid=1958&ts=1456506318950&sf44786323=1

There's the roster. Do some look like shit? Hell yeah they do. But the majority looks pretty fucking good to me. And that's in a still-shot. When they did these shots for EA UFC 1 fighters, they ALL looked bad in it.

I mean, fuck, GdR has a 37-0 Kickboxing record. And you are campaigning for Jessica Eye to be a more accomplished striker in this game. Because UFCRankings.com has her on #7. If she breaks her foot tomorrow and can't fight for 10 months, she'll won't even be on the damn website anymore.

1) Yeah but why they approach DeRandamie as individual and not Jessica Eye?Why ur criteria of justice are taking place in some fighters and not in all the fighters equally? And who decide this? Jessica Eye's stats are worse than Bethe Correia too.Is Bethe Correia a better fighter?I don't think so.I don't want my fav fighter's stats to be in 97,i want em to be in a respectful level.For someone like Jessica Eye who has never KO-ed the STU score is unfair

2) Of course the attention goes out to the ones that don't.I have to buy this game.Its not free.So why not to judge it?I have the option to buy it or not

3) Τhe featured fighter mode is a half measured try and will not solve any problems cause the problems are the numbers.The first thing a gamer will do is to pick up a fighter with the highest score in STU.Noone cares about the ground and submissions.All the ufc gamers want to KO their online opponent with strikes.Thats why they will end up playing 3,4 fighters.HH has 97 STU.Realistic? Not at all.

4)What made other games realistic like Football manager for example?The stats of course

5)The problem is that u can easily spot the indifference in UFC 2.The lack in depth,the faces,the missing tattoos..Μaybe cause of the monopolization in this game category.idk just a thought

6) As for your epilogue " If she breaks her foot tomorrow and can't fight for 10 months, she'll won't even be on the damn website anymore "i 've never read that before even from the hardcore haters so well done for the originality here.True ufc fans dont wish such things dude for any ufc fighter

1) First of all, I'm not saying they did a good job at the stats. I'm just saying, I want fighters outside the top 10, to have the potential to be better at an aspect of the game than highly ranked fighters. Your suggestion of having someone ranked #7 be better than #15, is something I'm not supportive on.

As for the stats being well done? No, I never said that. But they are OVR stats, a result of 20 stats tied into one number, so its really difficult to draw conclusions on.

Who decides on these stats? Both the UFC and EA. I even think UFC has the final word in it. Obviously EA is guilty too, they are responsible for their own game, and the balance of it.

However, they did a lot of post-launch stat updates for the first game. If Jessica Eye starts dominating then I'm sure they will revamp her stats.

2) Sure you don't have to buy it. My attention went out to the bad representations too. But at the same time, I'm also going to give credit for the ones they did a good job on. Something many people don't seem to do at all.

Hell, if you don't want to buy it, then don't. There are certainly better uses for 60$ than buying a videogame.

3) I won't get into HH's 97 STU as you haven't done your homework on the OVR ratings and what they mean per division. If you think you are not going to get put on your ass when you pick a fighter merely for their STU rating, you might be surprised.

4) I agree. There's a lot of room for improvement on this game, both in gameplay and stats.

5) Keeping tattoos in, is a great way to get free lawsuits filed against your company. Ask 2K how it worked out for them. Lack of depth, I most certainly agree there is a lot of work to be done.

6) I'm not a hater, I'm just saying its ridiculous to put your money into the basket that is UFCRankings. The site is pure filth.
My example of Jessica Eye could as well have been made with my favorite fighter as the main subject. It wasn't about the fighter, it was about the website.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/ufc/th...w/news-story/6b3494fdd16831f452ee148cd8e9b50a

----

1) First of all, I'm not saying they did a good job at the stats. I'm just saying, I want fighters outside the top 10, to have the potential to be better at an aspect of the game than highly ranked fighters. Your suggestion of having someone ranked #7 be better than #15, is something I'm not supportive on.

As for the stats being well done? No, I never said that. But they are OVR stats, a result of 20 stats tied into one number, so its really difficult to draw conclusions on.

Who decides on these stats? Both the UFC and EA. I even think UFC has the final word in it. Obviously EA is guilty too, they are responsible for their own game, and the balance of it.

However, they did a lot of post-launch stat updates for the first game. If Jessica Eye starts dominating then I'm sure they will revamp her stats.

2) Sure you don't have to buy it. My attention went out to the bad representations too. But at the same time, I'm also going to give credit for the ones they did a good job on. Something many people don't seem to do at all.

Hell, if you don't want to buy it, then don't. There are certainly better uses for 60$ than buying a videogame.

3) I won't get into HH's 97 STU as you haven't done your homework on the OVR ratings and what they mean per division. If you think you are not going to get put on your ass when you pick a fighter merely for their STU rating, you might be surprised.

4) I agree. There's a lot of room for improvement on this game, both in gameplay and stats.

5) Keeping tattoos in, is a great way to get free lawsuits filed against your company. Ask 2K how it worked out for them. Lack of depth, I most certainly agree there is a lot of work to be done.

6) I'm not a hater, I'm just saying its ridiculous to put your money into the basket that is UFCRankings. The site is pure filth.
My example of Jessica Eye could as well have been made with my favorite fighter as the main subject. It wasn't about the fighter, it was about the website.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/ufc/th...w/news-story/6b3494fdd16831f452ee148cd8e9b50a

----
Those stats are far from realistic even if u or someone else support the idea of a better individualism according to the fighters.Your approach to the UFC game is more of a moral justice to those fighters that UFC official ranking have treat unfairly in ur opinion.Agree or not the subjectivity of this has been translated to this game as something delusional and now its the game's turn to treat fighters unfair too

Something else.Germaine deRandamie is placed in 8th rank at featured fighters list when Jessica Eye is placed in more fighters in the weight class list.My point is that till rank 7 everything is ok AND ACCORDING TO THE UFC OFFICIAL RANKING but suddenly they discover DeRandamie to take Eye's place in rank 8

48.5% in the above poll will not buy this game.EA have to consider seriously all the complaints here

Yes - PS4

It might suck but I need my fix so they'll be getting my money and I'll put hundreds of hours into it.

Had fun in the beta, but probably gonna wait awhile till I get it.

Back