Will Whoopi Goldberg get a pass?

Otto!

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
During a show Neil Patrick Harris revealed that when he was 15 or 16 Whoopi told him that she would have sex with him in 10 years or so. It ended up being funny but awkward. Here is the exerpt from AOL:

https://www.aol.com/article/enterta...ck-harris-calls-out-whoopi-goldberg/23557940/

"You know, I did my first movie ever with Whoopi Goldberg -- a movie called 'Clara's Heart' -- and we worked together on that," he said. "And she told me -- I was 15, 16 years old -- she told me on my last day of shooting that in 10 years time she was going to have sex with me."

The reveal prompted laughter, gasps and then a quick uncomfortable silence from the audience. Your move, Whoopi.

"I might've!" she exclaimed. "He had many questions as a kid, so I said, 'Listen, wait 10 years, and I'll take you through it.' In those days, you could actually have some fun like that. You can't do that now. People get very upset now."

"Hey, I was not offended," Harris responded. "I'm looking forward to it."

How do you think this will be handled?

I dont get it.

ewww sex with Whoopi, only Ted Danson deserves such punishment.

I dont get it.
Whoopi made an inappropriate comment (joke) to a teenager on a movie set, now that this is revealed, people want Whoopi #metoo'd otherwise they're going to claim liberal hypocrisy.

"I might've!" she exclaimed. "He had many questions as a kid, so I said, 'Listen, wait 10 years, and I'll take you through it.' In those days, you could actually have some fun like that. You can't do that now. People get very upset now."

Well, she's right.

Besides, she didn't hit on or try to have sex with 15 year old NPH, she told him give it ten years and you can hit it. That's some solid acting advice IMO.

Whoopi made an inappropriate comment (joke) to a teenager on a movie set, now that this is revealed, people want Whoopi #metoo'd otherwise they're going to claim liberal hypocrisy.
I don’t want her metoo’d.

Well, she's right.

Besides, she didn't hit on or try to have sex with 15 year old NPH, she told him give it ten years and you can hit it. That's some solid acting advice IMO.
On the other hand, how would the world react to a male actor telling a 15 year old girl that they would have sex in 10 years?

Didn't Trump say he'd be dating a 10 year old in 10 years?

Pres got Whoopie beat by 5 or 6 years on the creep-o-meter.

On the other hand, how would the world react to a male actor telling a 15 year old girl that they would have sex in 10 years?
ImpishHonoredGuineafowl-size_restricted.gif

This is not about double standard as much as it is about whether or not people should be accountable for comments made decades ago in a different context.

People were actually giving drake shit for hanging out with one of the girls from stranger things(she’s supposedly a big fan of his music and he’s a big fan of the show) saying he’s molding her for when she’s of age lol. Either way both what whoopi and drake said/did is a ridiculous thing to be upset over.

It's a weird thing to say to a 15 year old but whatever when your a grown ass adult and I would never do it but it's hollyweird.

I'm not sure MeToo works that way. Someone has to complain. If Neil Patrick Harris isn't making a big deal out of it, it can't be made a big deal out of artificially...

Last edited:
1. She is female.
2. She is black.
3. He is a man.
4. He is white.

Nothing will happen.

Whoopi doesnt believe in rape

For Whoopi, what makes rape rape is when it is committed by someone she does't identify with. I think her comments to Doogie Howser were inappropriate, but nothing to get up in arms about. Along with the Polanski comments it does undercut her position on issues related to sexual harrasment and rape.

Some Amy Schumer humor:

http://scomedy.com/quotes/Amy-Schumer?search=&page=0

"I hate false advertising, like 'Skittles: taste the rainbow.' No one's ever been like, 'Rainbow, right you guys?' Or what's Reese's? 'There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's.' Oh, really? Tell that to my uncle who used to put them in my underwear. Alright, maybe your uncles didn't love you."

_

"I finally just slept with my high school crush. But I swear; now he expects me to go to his graduation - like I know where I'm going to be in three years."

-

"It says, 'It's safest to let them sleep alone, especially if you drink, use drugs or are overweight.' Yeah, I thought that was weird, too. But if you think about it, if you're drunk, stoned or really fat, in the middle of the night, that baby might look delicious. I've eaten weirder things."

-

I know it's a "comedy act," but it seems rather hypocritical. I just took a few minutes, I think there's worse. Pretty sure Sara Silverman does similar jokes. Aziz too.

Back