Will Tyson Box again?

ImWhatIm

Green Belt
Reaction score
wasnt there roumors that evander - tyson 3 is gonna happen coz mike had financial problems? r there some fresh news about that?

jesus, this is a frikn boxing part of the forum..
i maybe sound sily to you, and i am severly under-informated in that subject, but i was hoping for at least few answers.

No, they were rumors of a third tyson/Holyfield fight a months ago but nothing a come of it. Tyson has lost alot of wieght but I still haven't heard of him training at all. He walking around 180-190 now. I think he has really changed his life around since he's little passed away. I have no interest in seeing him back in the ring now.

A lot of Tyson talk on here lately. Mike said he would not disgrace his sport anymore after the loss to McBride. I believe him, he loves boxing more than the money it could bring him.

There were rumours but it was just because Tyson dropped alot of weight, there were never any negotiations for the fight to happen.

I'm glad he isn't getting back into the ring, the fact he lost to Danny Williams and Kevin McBride. He also would have beaten Lennox Lewis with no problems in his prime too.

There's a recent video of Dana and Tyson discussing the upcoming Coutoure-Toney bout, and Tyson looks to have lost all of that weight he put on recently, so he's either just trying to get healthy, or is doing it for a possible comeback.

I'll watch Iron Mike every time, so I do hope something is in the works.

jesus, this is a frikn boxing part of the forum..
i maybe sound sily to you, and i am severly under-informated in that subject, but i was hoping for at least few answers.

Are you seriously screaming for attention after 34 minutes?

What is wrong with you?

If he does, it'll put the final nail in the coffin of boxing. Freak shows, greed, controversy in and out of the ring, and the fact that every other boxer has brain damage of some sort is exactly why the sport isn't on network tv anymore. A comeback of Iron Mike would potentially make at least one come up.

Admin could do with making a Tyson thread sticky or something, its getting fucking ridiculous the amount of Tyson threads in here!

No
his best years are behind him, and he has stated several times that he no longer holds the same love for the sport. He's been losing weight to better his own health, rather than to mount a comeback. I do hope he still maintains a connection with the boxing world, maybe as a commentator or analyst.

No

he said he'd be afraid to step in a ring again.

Ugh I hope he doesn't fight again. I'm happy to see he has shed all the weight he had gained but that doesn't mean I want to see him fight. The McBride and Williams fights were hard enough to watch. Truthfully I don't want to see Holyfield fight again either.

Back