Will Tim Boetch be the next Kampmann?

Pychu666

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I think Boetch's streak is kind a little bit lucky - Okami manhandled him for 2 rounds, then there was the comeback (which I think was great and all fighters, who obviously lost 2 rounds could learn from), but it worked because it suprised Okami. Before he was clearly picking Boetch apart.

Next Lombard - Boring fight, close decision, Hector didn't look as himself at all. He blamed it on an injury, which now I'm buiyng after that Palhares knockout. When healthy, I think Lombard would crush Boetch or at least dominate him all the way and make his face look like hamburger meat.

It's all similar to Kampman wins before he was KTFO'd, especially the Thiago Alves win. Maybe not so much the Ellenberger KO, but in spite of that I still thought that him being so close to the top contender spot was also kinda lucky.

You think Boetch is gonna end up just like Kampmann? Costa is surely capable of making it so.

No Kampmann is legit. He had a super close fight with Shields, got robbed against Diego.

He was getting owned by Alves but that doesn't mean Kampmann isn't legit as fuck. Alves is just really good and a bad match up style wise for Kampmann.

Tim isn't the most skilled top 10 fighter at MW, but he's 4-0 at it and he deserves respect. His Okami come back wasn't just luck, dude knew he needed to finish and came out like a beast and used one of his best skills, his power, to finish the fight.

Also Kampmann lost to the #2 WW in Hendricks. Philipou isn't even top 10.

As far as actual skills go, Boetsch can't hold a candle to Kampmann. Tim Boetsch's current run rivals Forrest Griffin's run to the UFC title in terms of fortune. I don't mean any disrespect, but I wouldn't pick him to beat Okami again and I don't think he beat Lombard at all and would get annihilated in a rematch.

No Kampmann is legit. He had a super close fight with Shields, got robbed against Diego.

He was getting owned by Alves but that doesn't mean Kampmann isn't legit as fuck. Alves is just really good and a bad match up style wise for Kampmann.

Tim isn't the most skilled top 10 fighter at MW, but he's 4-0 at it and he deserves respect. His Okami come back wasn't just luck, dude knew he needed to finish and came out like a beast and used one of his best skills, his power, to finish the fight.

Also Kampmann lost to the #2 WW in Hendricks. Philipou isn't even top 10.

This
although i respect his heart for coming back to beat okami i honestly dont think boetch actually even a win against lombard a draw at best.
is boetch a top10? Mabye but im not really convinced he is legit yet do you really think he can beat okami and lombard again?

Boetsch is one of those guys who gets put in contender status because a lot of the middleweights above him have been beaten covincigly by anderson. I don't feel that this is the case with kampmann

Boetsch is one of those guys who gets put in contender status because a lot of the middleweights above him have been beaten covincigly by anderson. I don't feel that this is the case with kampmann

No, he's put in contender status because he's 4-0 at MW and beat elite MW Okami and Lombard.

Now I think he probably should of lost to Lombard and Okami would probably win a rematch, but rankings aren't based off hypotheticals or opinion. They're based off your accomplishments and Bostech has accomplished enough at this point to be considered a contender.

Back