Will There Ever Be Another Calander Reset

TexasDrugAddict**

Silver Belt
Reaction score
I was thinking about AD/BC. That the Birth of Jesus was so powerful that the World reset its clock to mark this event. Do you think we will ever reset it again. What kind of event would it have to be to cause a reset.

I was think a First Contact event might do it but it would have to be definative. No questions about what happened. Aliens came down and the World knows it. Then maybe the clock would get reset again. But what else.

Lord Xenu battles Cthulhu for supreme control over the humans. Begin the reign of terror!

How about common sense, not BS from the church and the birth of a fairy tale.

Go back to the earliest civilization to current time.

The term B.C. wasn't used until roughly 500 A.D. so it wasn't that it was that powerful, some Roman dude just wanted to implement his religion into the measurement of time.

How about common sense, not BS from the church and the birth of a fairy tale.

Go back to the earliest civilization to current time.

There a CE(Comman Era) and BCE(Before Comman Era) that some scince people use instead of AD/BC. But most people use AD/BC.

The term B.C. wasn't used until roughly 500 A.D. so it wasn't that it was that powerful, some Roman dude just wanted to implement his religion into the measurement of time.

If it doesn't mean anything than why it still used 2000+ plus yrs later. We have landed on the moon already and yet that still isn't a strong enough event to cause a reset.

Well in terms of some supposed religious nonsense it'd be nigh on impossible for all religions to agree so I doubt it.

If it doesn't mean anything than why it still used 2000+ plus yrs later. We have landed on the moon already and yet that still isn't a strong enough event to cause a reset.

Who said it doesn't mean anything? It really sounds like you made this thread to bait people into a religious argument.

The fact that western civilization is based on the Greek and Roman empires explains why we still use the system they setup for measuring time. These days there isn't a single empire with the influence to start a new time measurement system, so the chances of a calendar reset as you're calling it is not very likely.

Who said it doesn't mean anything? It really sounds like you made this thread to bait people into a religious argument.

The fact that western civilization is based on the Greek and Roman empires explains why we still use the system they setup for measuring time. These days there isn't a single empire with the influence to start a new time measurement system, so the chances of a calendar reset as you're calling it is not very likely.

You said it wasn't that powerful. I was just going off that.I am not a religionious person and stay out of most the arguments in here. So i am not trying to bait or turn this into that. I was just saying the for some reason the world Reset to mark this event.

We have had 2 World Wars and Landed on the Moon. These are World Events that could have cause a calander Reset. IMO but haven't. So what kind of event would. Like i said a First Contact might do it.

When the Allied Atheist Alliance seizes control

we use it because its convenient and nobody has motivation to change it (to which year would they even change it anyway).

a year is a year thats what matters

This is an interesting question that seems to have been interpreted in the wrong way.

I think we won't see a reset until a worldwide social change, something that forces the majority of the people to rebuild and change. It could be an apocalyspe as humanity measure the passage of time from the traumatic event, or it can be something beneficial that changes how we see the universe and our place in it.

It wont change because we have so many legitimate ways to track history now. We aren't still telling tales of lore sitting around a fire.

It would take a world disaster. Like a asteroid or super volcano going off.

Something where civilization has to completely restart.

I was thinking about AD/BC. That the Birth of Jesus was so powerful that the World reset its clock to mark this event. Do you think we will ever reset it again. What kind of event would it have to be to cause a reset.

The world is not made up of just Middle East and Europe.

"On the 26th of February in the Earth year 2252 the Standard Star Time Treaty was signed by all members of the Federation. It established that one Star-day was equal to 8 * 1013 cycles of the metallic element cesium, in particular its isotope of atomic weight 133 ("Cs-133"). In Earth terms that established an Earth-day as .9928041 of a Star-day and one Earth-year being equal to 362.62 Star-days. In Earth terms that meant that a Star-day was about 10.5 minutes longer than an Earth-day."

"The Earth day February 26, 2252 at 2:01:12 local time in the Federation Council Chambers in the city of San Francisco, became Stardate 0.0 as the official Stardate clock began ticking."

So there ya go.

Really though it does make sense that in a few hundred/thousand years if we are exploring space that we will need a calendar system that is more universally useful than earth's rotations/trips around the sun.

Back