Will there be voter fatigue this fall?

Will there be voter fatigue this fall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Back in the primaries I was predicting serious voter fatigue. The big turnouts and the giant drama seemed likely to end in election burnout. Now we've had both conventions and neither candidate is going to end up ahead by more than a few points by next week.

Will America get completely sick of this nonsense? Will the distasteful choice rear its head? Will this election set a new mark for (*shudder*) democracy? Or will it end up about average?

Also if anybody has analysis of how each candidate is likely to be affected by high/low turnout, that would be nice to read.

Fatigue? I think there is an increased fervor for this election -- Trump broke records and has the stronger supporters (not saying the most support but the most die hard) I think the left may get a reduction from the DNC / Bernie backlash or will see a surge do to the anti trump crowd.

But I'm wagering this enthusiasm goes right till November

It will be a big voter turnout, because both sides are motivated by hate this election.

Nothing brings a large group of people together like hate.

Also I think it will be close either way, so that will get more people out on both sides.

I'm expecting the lowest turnout since '96

I think turnout will be good, especially because women playing identity politics will vote for Hill Dog.

Then people like me will be voting for Gary Johnson because libertarian. Others will vote for him to play spoiler. Gary had 1% in 2012, it's going to be much higher this year.

Back