Will the UFC take control of walkout music?

taggermest

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
They took control of what a fighter is allowed to wear and signed a contract with Reebok.

Will they sign a contract with a major company like Sony, and fighters can only come out to music by Sony Records?

Seems like the next logical step

It has to okay anything the fighter wants.

I've heard that Faber is basically forced to come out to California Love.

Won't really matter because we see walk-ins less and less.

Working in the music industry myself I cannot see this happening for a multitude of reasons.

Please explain.

From a marketing perspective it would be difficult to get any ROI from limiting fighters to just one record company. You would need to make it music video-esque to make it relevant for lets say Sony. And that would draw attention from other sponsors and further more whore out the UFC. The songs how short they are give character to a fighter. If I say Sandstorm everyone knows who's song that is.

At least that is what I think

They already have control. They can say no to a fighters walkout if they want.

Every walk out should be Face The Pain. Or the original gladiator song from the early days. That'll show those fighters and UFC hardcore fans who's runnin sh*t

If I hear that Nate Diaz has to exclusively come out to Eminem.... I'll know what's up.

Please explain.

There is a lot to it.. But some simple factors.. Songwriters are already struggling to get their fair share of monies owed.. If the record companies where to pay for the UFC to use a song for a certain fighters walk out that has to come from somewhere say the publishers share or writers share, cant see either giving up a share..

While tv synch fees generate good income it would not be enough to go trough the hassle involved in making these deals.. Think about it, if it was, boxing would have covered this ground years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back