Will The UFC now Abandon the Women's FW Division?

knock_you_out

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
If Cyborg is found guilty of a USADA violation, I wouldn't be surprised if the inaugural FW title fight is cancelled and the division abandoned, since it was created just for Cyborg.

No, because now they will bank on the Once Ever female 2-division champion.

RRRRRowdy.

I would be happy if they postponed it and tried to do it right. It really shouldnt be added, IMO.

-A season of TUF with members of the actual 145 division and not just members of UFC's 135 division

-Approach long time 145 members like Julia Budd and Marloes Coenen and see if they want to do it right

-Talk to up and comers like Megan Anderson to be on TUF (she said it would be tough to make the cuts but she would do it to help the division)

-Move away from this idea that Cyborg is the end all be all of the division and is stable enough to build a division around

Might actually florish with the cheat out the picture. More women might be willing to compete at that class without having to deal with the roids bully

Once they opened the door for allowing for not so deep of weightcuts to make 135, it'll be hard to close it.

I think there will be more fighters willing to take 145.

It can have a good champ in Holly, Ronda do it down at 135, then both meet down the line..

Pity cyborg had to turn to steroids again, so much potential match ups ruined..

she may as well be forgotten

No chance... This just potentially fast tracks Megan Anderson's rise to superstardom... :cool:

CpYfVQwW8AAtwsb.jpg

@BC @Reason

They should introduce the 125 divison and have ronda become a 3 weight champion

If Cyborg is found guilty of a USADA violation, I wouldn't be surprised if the inaugural FW title fight is cancelled and the division abandoned, since it was created just for Cyborg.

They might give it up before long.

But not away - they need it to sell the card.

And they always want more filler divisions and fighters, anyway, so it may stay permanently, regardless of ChemBorg.

With Cyborg out of the picture, the number one FW is now Julia Budd. Here she is being obliterated by Nunes and Rousey in 20 seconds.

55.gif

rousey-makes-budd-tap.gif

As much as I enjoy Cris's bloody masterpieces in the cage, there is something cleansing about this news...Like arriving home after a great sunday at the beach, where you had a great time, but ended up with sand in every crease, and then taking a long, fresh shower and getting back to work and the real world.

Now there is a stage for a new group of hungry and talented fighters, and for tall, strong, young up-and-comers that are grinding the 9-5 and then training the 5-9 to have a clear path to a successful competitive career. Maybe Cyborg is vindicated, maybe she is not. But I, for one, can't wait to see the new breed of 'Baddest girls on the planet'.

#Meganbless

Yeah hopefully. its a pointless useless division, all we will get is 3-2, 4-6, 2-1 fighters in it who are so amateurish.. they all fought Cyborg already, thats the sort of records they have and they are amateurish

Back