Will Rountree ever be the same? Or will he fall off like Bruno Silva?

Fact Checker

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
That was quite a beating he took throught that fight. Specially in round 3 and 4…. Fought a great fight but he may have been too tough for his own good.

Dudes head was against the cage while Alex was winging hooks on him.

What do you guys think?

Career altering damage he took. He was on the best run of his career like Bruno was but wont ever be the same sadly. I was yelling for his corner to throw in the towel during the 4th. By the end of the 3rd he was broken and it was approaching a 10-7 in the 4th.

That was quite a beating he took throught that fight. Specially in round 3 and 4…. Fought a great fight but he may have been too tough for his own good.

What do you guys think?
I think he'll be in the bottom half of the top 10, like he should be, for the next couple of years

It's a brutal beating in the end, but he's been knocked out before, and still came back on a run. It's not as if the LHW is a shark tank like the lighter weights

Khalil is still Bangkok ready

That was quite the life changing beating, I'm afraid.

I hope I'm wrong though. Would love to see rountree beat some sense into Hill.

Would love to see Hill vs Rountree, what madness would that fight be.

Khalil might be on the shelf for a while though. If he showed up to his previously scheduled fight against Hill anywhere like he showed up tn, I think he would’ve put a beating on Hill.

I think it depends on how he takes it. He looked better than ever, until he didn’t. If he can stay in shape and not let himself spiral out, I think he can keep winning and get a rematch one day, if Alex sticks around the division.

I think he'll be in the bottom half of the top 10, like he should be, for the next couple of years

It's a brutal beating in the end, but he's been knocked out before, and still came back on a run. It's not as if the LHW is a shark tank like the lighter weights

The only other guy to be able to bring a fight to Alex at 205 belongs in the bottom half of the top 10? yeah it's time to log off dude.

Long accumulated beatings are worse than getting quickly KO'd with one or two shots.

Long accumulated beatings are worse than getting quickly KO'd with one or two shots.

Have to agree, dude was eating shots to the noggin while stationary on the cage.

His legs and body were too chewed up to work his way out at that point, dude could hardly stand.

Not the best optics.

Round 4 was bad.

He got ktfo a couple times i think, but they were very early in the fight. So not much damage besides the single KO shot was accumulated. This was a sustained hard beating. Not good for longevity.

Imo, it was obviously a hard beating but dude was coherent and jovial in the post fight. I think he will be okay. I guess there won't be a way to tell until his next fight. Maybe give him a grappler to rebound and work on his ground/TDD skills.

I think he'll be OK. Lot of superficial facial damage. Don't think he took as many of the real devastating power shots. Just faded hard from the accumulation and pressure.

Depends on his mental state, he really wanted this fight for a while and believed he could win and fought like it the first two rounds. He could have a chance to get the belt if he's still around when Ale retires, but who knows how long Alex will fight or if someone can take it off him.

I saw it as mostly superficial damage. I think he’ll come back fine if he wishes to.

That was quite the life changing beating, I'm afraid.

I hope I'm wrong though. Would love to see rountree beat some sense into Hill.
I already thought tree was going to beat hill and now I'm sure he'd have fucked him up

Last edited:

What do you guys think?
Khalil won in life, He got a thai wife that's hot and he's had a good showing. If he retires, he gave it his all. He's 34. Still kinda young for the division.

Khalil won in life, He got a thai wife that's hot and he's had a good showing. If he retires, he gave it his all. He's 34. Still kinda young for the division.

Without a doubt he’s in his prime, he took his game to a new level today. His defense early on was impressive too, shelled up and timed his counters with good special awareness.

Needs to take some time, come back, and get that fight with Hill imo.

Back